Chapter 20

I woke up in a large white room, it reminded me of a hospital room. I looked around and saw a small wooden table beside me. I was laying in a thin bed with white sheets, a large fluffy pillow beneath my head. I heard a small knock and quickly turned to the side opposite of the table to see Jeff standing in an awkwardly large doorway. I smiled to him and he walked to me. "Where are we?" He smiled beneath his pre-made one. "This is, kinda my home away from home. It's where you're gonna be able to forget." I smiled more and patted beside me, for some reason I felt extremely weak.

     Jeff sat down beside me and held my hand. "I feel...really weak." He rubbed my palm with his thumb gently. "He gave you something to keep you still, when he makes you forget...you might start...freaking out." I tilted my head some. "Who's, 'him?'" I ask quietly. Just as I asked the question, a tall figure came into view. He was wearing a black suit with a red tie. As I looked up his body, I quickly grew uneasy. His height must've been at least eight feet...once I got to his face, my eyes widened and my breath was taken away...his face was completely blank, void of any features or expression. I gripped Jeff's hand tightly as I tried not to scream...I knew exactly who this man was. This was Slenderman. The leader of every proxy.

     Jeff held my hand with both of his. "It's okay Chanse, it's okay. He's not gonna hurt you." I looked up to see Slenderman behind the small wooden desk, a few pages and notes in front of him. I tried calming myself down but I couldn't...I knew Jeff had to be real, he was only a kid...I troubled kid but I human nonetheless. But Slenderman, I had no clue that he was real...or what the fuck he even was. My breathing grew faster and deeper as I began to panic. Suddenly Slenderman brought his long arm to me and rested his pale hand to my forehead. For some reason, my breaths became normal again. I didn't feel afraid, I felt calm.

     Jeff kissed my hand and Slenderman moved his hand away. I looked up at Slenderman and stared for a second. "Slenderman? Can...can you really make me forget?" He knelt down and took my chin in his fingers gently. "Yes my child. The memories that haunt you shall be taken away. I won't harm you child. The stories you read about me aren't fully true. I'm not the demon these books make me out to be. I take in those who have lost their minds, to show them a world where they belong. A world where there is no different, and there is no alike."

     I smiled to him and closed my eyes. "When will I forget?" I heard Slenderman give out a small laugh. "Now, my child."  I opened my eyes to see his hand over my face. I heard a voice...a voice I knew all too well. It was Volk's voice, but it wasn't in the room...it was in my head, but something was strange...it was like I was hearing it in reverse. Then, slowly, the voice faded away. I looked up to see Slenderman with both hands on each side of my head now. I closed my eyes...I saw the room...but the room, it was fading into a bright white room...it was the one I was lying in. The feeling of dread that I felt in that room...it all left my head, it all faded from my memories. Then I began to fall asleep. Jeff kissed my cheek as I drifted off into dream land.