Chapter 17

I opened my eyes the next morning to see that same...haunting, scarring...fucking face in front of me. Volk's eyes were glazed over, like he hadn't blinked in hours. I swear he was just watching me sleep...sleep, cry, eat...repeat. Sleep, cry, eat, repeat. This fucking place is hell. I starred at Volk for a few minutes before he smiled at me. "Ready for a treat?" I glared at him with hate filling my eyes. "I'm gonna kill you. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But I'm gonna fucking kill you. I'm gonna dance on your grave, and fucking piss on it, wait for the daisies to grow and fucking burn them down." I gripped the bars on my cage and punched them over and over. I didn't care that my knuckles were bleeding, I didn't care what this prick did to me. I just have to get out.

     Volk just smiled and opened the cage and let me out. He hooked a leash to my collar. "Now now, easy boy. You keep acting up and you won't get a treat." He tied the leash to one of the bars on my cage and walked to a small bag by the door. I held my hands in tight fists as he opened it up and pulled out a small key. "You get this key, and you can go...for a little bit. If you can get this key, it'll unlock your collar. I'll give you a two minute head start." I growled at him as he put the key a few feet away from me. "Good luck you little bitch." Volk smiled and walked a little ways behind me. I screamed and lunged forward to the key...only to have it inches from my grasp. I screamed louder as I roughly yanked on the leash to go just a little farther...but the fucking thing wouldn't budge. I screamed louder and louder as I mustered all my strength. As I yanked harder the cage slowly moved a few centimeters. My eyes lit up a bit and I tugged harder and harder. I tugged and ripped so hard I thought my arms were gonna break. The cage moved a few more centimeters. I got down on the ground and quickly grabbed the key. I unlocked the leash from the collar, and then the collar from my neck.

     Volk smiled. "Two minutes, starting...now." I jumped to my feet and ran as fast as I could. I threw myself through the door to only see...darkness outside. I felt around a bit. I knew I was in a forest. I didn't know where, but it was a forest. I walked at a fast pace with my hands in front of me, trying not to run into any trees. As I felt nothing in my way I figured I was on some kind of trail. I started to run faster, my hands still in front of me, when I heard a noise...it sounded like, someone walking...no, no it couldn't have been two minutes yet. I breathed heavily as I ran faster and faster, I couldn't let Volk catch me, no there's no way in hell I'm going back there. I ran faster when I felt myself bump into something...it felt like a person...no, no no no I'm not going back. I screamed and started throwing punches at the figure I ran into. The man wrapped his arms around me and hushed me. "Shh, shh Chanse it's okay, it's me." My heart beat a million miles an hour as I recognized this voice. It was Jeff.