Chapter 9

I wasn't sure what to say...the man who killed my parents...who I slept with...and who I confessed my love to just asked me if I want to go killing with him. Jeff leaned closer to my ear, his warm breath relaxing me a bit. "I-I don't know Jeff..." I answered him. I really wasn't sure...I've always known killing to be evil...but people do it every day, all over the world...Jeff does it every day...he gently pulled me closer to his comforting body, I could feel a small smile forming on his mouth against my skin. "It's okay baby, you have a choice." I know it sounds wrong, but it made me feel better knowing Jeff wasn't going to force me to kill with him. I took a deep breath and thought for a few seconds. "I don't know...I have to think..." I felt bad for not giving him a straight yes or no. But I really had to think about this...was I really willing to give away my soul? To take a life with my own two hands? I didn't know...

     Jeff let go of my waist and kissed the top of my head before walking to the front door. "Tell me when you have an answer Gorgeous." He smiled a bit and closed the door behind him. I smiled back to him and nodded, even though he couldn't see. I laid down on the couch and put my music on. I played "My Chemistry" by Interpol and closed my eyes. As the song flowed through my mind and the lyrics poured through my heart I started to zone out, not fall asleep, but go into my own little world...

*Into my zone*

     Everything was dark...not scary dark, but more of a...comfortable darkness. I looked around and saw nothing in every direction. Then, slowly, everything turned from dark, to a pure snow white. Then to a deep, almost blood red...and for the first time ever, I was scared in my zone. I looked everywhere to only see the same bloody shade of red, quickly starting to consume me. I ran, I ran and ran as fast as my legs could carry me...until I collapsed on the cold, hard floor. Then, just like that, it became dark again. Just as I thought the deep red was going to destroy me.

*Out of my zone*

     The song stopped playing. Leaving only silence to listen to. What could that vision mean..? What was the darkness? What was the white? And what was...that haunting red hue...I've never seen it before...I don't think. As I was thinking to myself I heard the front door open and saw Jeff walk in, for once not covered in the blood of his victims. I looked up at him. "What? You didn't go on a killing spree?" I said with a hint of childish sass. I sat up as he looked back to me with a soft smile and sat next to me. His hands were in his hoodie pocket, and he clearly had something hidden in there. "Guess what?" Jeff asked me. I thought for a minute. "YOU GOT ME A PONY?!" He just rolled his eyes perusal and shook his head. "No, I got Mr. Flippers a little friend." Jeff then pulled out a small black and white penguin stuffy with a cute little top hat. My eyes widened like a little kid as he handed it to me. I took it and held it close as I jumped up and down happily, not just in my head this time but in reality. I hugged Jeff tightly and kissed his face all over. "THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUSOMUCH!!!" I was so excited that I didn't even ask Jeff what the little guy's name is. He smiled at me and gently kissed my nose. "It's just a little 'I love you' present." I smiled wider. "I love you too Jeffy, what's his name?" I asked him, still not letting go of the stuffy. "His name is Fluffykins, the best name for a penguin." I giggled at the name and walked Fluffykins to our bedroom, leaving him next to Mr. Flippers.