Chapter 11

*The next morning*

     I woke up with Jeff still next to me, my hand resting on his strong abdomen and my head on his chest. He was still asleep, his steady heartbeat almost hypnotic. I smiled at his even deep breaths and got out of bed. I looked at my hands to see dried blood...so it wasn't a bad dream...I really killed someone. I shook myself out of the thought of murder. I stretched and got a scent of myself. Holy shit I need a shower. I walked to the bathroom and turned the water on, letting it warm up some. I stripped down and walked in. The first thing I did was wash the blood from my hands. Then I soaked my hair with some Dove shampoo and washed it thoroughly, letting it hang in my face. I washed the rest of my body and walked out. I looked at my hands...they were covered in fresh blood. My breaths became faster as I stared. I went to the sink and washed my hands more, but the water poured out thick and red...blood...I looked at myself in the mirror and saw blood all over me, from my head to toe. I screamed at the sight, when I heard a loud snap. I turned around, and suddenly I was in a forest.

     I looked all around me and only saw trees...was I outside? No...no these trees were different...where was I..? I was freaking out, I was lost, naked, and drenched in blood. I looked to the sky and saw...snow...but it's May. I scanned the area, and everything was quickly covered in snow. But it wasn't cold...it was hot. At least seventy degrees. I felt my head start spinning, my hands ran through my bloody hair as I started hyperventilating. I got on my hands and knees and screamed. I didn't know what was happening. I screamed louder and louder. I opened my eyes to see Jeff shaking me. I looked everywhere to find myself in the bathroom again, no blood on me...only water. I looked at Jeff, his mouth was moving but I couldn't hear any words come out. Slowly I began to hear his voice. "CHANSE! CHANSE SNAP OUT OF IT!!!" He yelled while shaking me. I didn't know what to do, so I just hugged him tight, burying my face in his neck. I didn't realize it but I was trembling...like I was in a freezing cold room. Jeff picked me up and brought me back to our room.

     I grabbed some clothes from my bag and threw them on. Jeff had his arm around my waist and his head on my shoulder. I rested my head on his chest as I brought us down on the bed. Jeff looked at me and I looked back. "So, mind telling me what that was about?" He asked me in a soothing voice. I looked down. "I-I don't know what you're talking about..." He gave me a worried look. "Please tell me Chanse." I sighed and told him everything...the blood water...the forest...and the warm snow. He didn't understand it either. I guess that made me feel a little bit better. I nuzzled into Jeff deeply, breathing him in. He held me close and stroked my hair. "It's okay baby, I'm here." I smiled at his words. "I love you so much Jeffy." He smiled back at me. "I love you too Chanse." I got up and Jeff followed me, I walked to the front door. "What're you doing baby?" He asked me. I shrugged and looked out the window. "I'm not sure...I just don't know what's happening with me..." Jeff sighed and hugged me from behind. "You're becoming insane."

     I shook my head rapidly. "No. No no no no no..." My legs grew weak and I started breathing heavily again. I fell to the floor and gripped my hair. "No...NO NO NO!!! I'M NOT INSANE!!!" I felt my heart pound in my ears. Jeff held me tight and I broke down...tears flooded down my face, my throat grew sore from screaming. I can't be crazy...I'm not crazy...I can't be. Jeff hushed me quietly and soothingly. "You have to accept it Chanse. It's the only way you're gonna stop these visions your getting." I looked to him with my eyes red from crying. "I-I thought you didn't know why I was having them..." He looked at me softly. "I knew you didn't wanna hear it...I'm sorry baby...but you're insane." I couldn't deny it...I had to accept this fact...I'm crazy...insane...loony, demented, PSYCHO!!! I breathed in and out...in and out. I wiped away my tears and looked at Jeff. "I'm ready." He looked confused. "Ready for what?" He asked. I took a deep breath. "I'm ready to kill with you."