Chapter 14

I woke up alone in bed, Jeff nowhere to be found. I sat up and rubbed my eyes as I looked around our room. Nothing out of the ordinary, so I walked to the kitchen to find Jeff still not around. I shrugged and looked to the fridge to see a note. It read:

   "Hey baby I'm out having a little fun with my sharp buddy hehe, I'll be home soon, I love you xoxo

~Jeff"

     Wow, even when he's out killing he's still adorable. I smiled and threw some clothes on as I walked to the bathroom. I looked to the shattered mirror...it reminded me of why I hated my reflection... everything I could've been...all the failures I presented...all the hate I still held for myself...all starring back at me. Every time I look at a gaddamn mirror...I feel my heart shatter. I quickly left the bathroom as my breathing hitched heavily. Everything was turning red again, all the bottled up hate was flowing through my mind a million miles an hour. I had to kill something.

     I quickly grabbed a knife from the kitchen and ran out the door. I didn't care it was broad daylight, something needed to die. Everything needed to die. As the nearby town grew closer I noticed several police in the area, all seeming to try to blend in with the crowd. Kinda hard to do that with a gold badge and a Glock. I couldn't kill someone with all these pigs around. I quickly made my way to Carisro, the ghetto of the city. I walked around, sticking to the broken sidewalks. There were people everywhere. But the majority of them seemed like they wouldn't think twice about killing a stick thin Mexican/white boy with a knife. I started to an alley near the road between two broken-down apartment buildings. There I saw a homeless man by the dumpster. His beard gray and white, his face wrinkled and spotted, and his clothes torn and stained. Without even a moment's thought I had my knife sunk deep within his chest.

     As I pulled my knife out, I heard a cough from behind me. I jumped and turned around to see a man, about my high. His hair was long and dyed blood red. He was wearing a leather jacket and black jeans. He looked to me with a small grin. "That was supposed to be my kill." He said plainly. He walked up to me, his deep blue eyes slightly mesmerizing. He put his hand out to me. "I'm Volk." Volk? Was that Russian? I wasn't sure, but this Volk guy kinda gave me the creeps...but he was kinda sexy at the same time. I took his hand and shook it. "Ch-Chanse." I said to him. He smiled when suddenly his eyes widened. "Behind you!" I quickly turned around to see...nothing. I was confused until I felt a damp rag placed over my nose and mouth. I tried struggling, but slowly I began to fall limp, and pass out.