Chapter 18

I held onto Jeff tightly with my arms around his neck. I buried my face deep in his chest as I bawled my eyes out in happiness. My whole body felt weak, my legs wobbled and started to give out. Jeff quickly picked me up and pressed my head deeper into his chest as my tears streamed down my cheeks. I was so happy to see him again...I couldn't believe it. "H-how did you f-find me?" I muffled out to him. Jeff pet my hair softly and kissed my head as he walked us away. "I felt you, I've been looking for you for over a week Chanse...what happened?" I cried more and gripped his hoodie tight. "I-I'll tell y-you when we get h-home..." Jeff nodded and kissed my head again.

     As Jeff carried me away, I started to feel uneasy...something wasn't right. Volk said a two minute head start, he should've been looking for me by now...just as I was thinking to myself Jeff and I were suddenly pushed forward, sending me out of his arms and into what felt like either a thick metal pole or a thin tree. I yipped a little and closed my eyes tight. I couldn't see anything but I could hear...it sounded like a fight...a bad fight... "Jeff?! What's happening?!" I cried out, the only response I got was Jeff and...Volk grunting and hard punches colliding with flesh...I curled up, hoping not to be seen by Volk. I didn't care if he wasn't paying attention to me, I just didn't want his damn eyes even glancing at me. Suddenly I heard a loud, painful grunt with a rough 'slice' sound.

    A couple seconds later I felt someone pick me up. I gasped loudly and tensed up, but then I heard Jeff's soothing voice. "Shh, it's okay baby it's just me." I held him tight again and sighed happily. "D-did y-you..." I looked up at him. I couldn't see it but I felt Jeff nod. I smiled a bit and nuzzled into his neck.

     Jeff walked us home and set me on the couch. When he saw what I was wearing he quickly gave me his hoodie. "I'm gonna go run you a bath okay baby?" I nodded and put his hoodie on as he walked to the bathroom. A few minutes later Jeff came back and picked me up again. I smiled a bit as he walked me to the tub. I stripped from the hoodie and the panties and slowly sat in the warm water. Jeff smiled as I began to relax in the soothing bath he ran for me. He sat on the edge of the tub and kissed my cheek. "Do you wanna tell me what happened?" I stared off for a few seconds before telling him everything...from the shock collar, to the 'pet' thing, the cage and dogfood...and finally to the...the parts that will scar me forever...the parts that I will never be able to erase from my mind...the parts that with haunt me for the rest of my life.

     Jeff's face looked so...angry. Angry and sad...but not just that...his face looked...guilty. I got out of the bath and put Jeff's hoodie back on. I tugged on his hand and began walking to our room. I laid down in our bed and waited for Jeff. He walked in a few minutes later and snuggled in with me. I cuddled into him closely, resting my head under his chin. "I'm so sorry Chanse...I should've been with you...I'm so so sorry...I'll never forgive myself..." His grip on me tightened a bit. I gently kissed his chin and buried my face in his neck. "It's not your fault. There's no way you could've known this would happen. All that matters is that I'm back now...and I don't plan on leaving your side ever again." Jeff smiled quickly and held me closed. "I love you Chanse." I smiled. "I love you too Jeff." I cuddled closer into him as we both fell asleep.