Chapter 10

Jeff was such a softy, even if he is a coldblooded killer. I looked over at Fluffykins and smiled. "I wonder where he got that." I said to myself. I turned around to ask Jeff, but he was gone. HOW THE FUCK DOES HE DO THAT?! I just smiled and went to the living room. I looked at the coffee table to see a small paring knife, maybe about four inches long without the handle. I picked it up to examine it, it was pretty sharp. Not exactly razor sharp but sharp enough to cut. I placed it in my pocket and looked out the window, thinking about what Jeff asked me earlier...could I every really kill somebody? I mean...yeah I've thought about it. But to actually go through with it and take a life, I just didn't know. Suddenly I got this familiar pain in my head, but it gradually got worse. I couldn't think straight, I couldn't see anything right, everything had this blood red tint...like in my dream...I screamed out loud as my thoughts ran through my head at a million miles a second. I felt like an animal...a monster...I couldn't stand this feeling, I needed it to go away before it kills me...but how..?

     Then it hit me. I had to kill. I had to to get rid of this darkness. I ran to mine and Jeff's room and threw on my oversized black hoodie with my black beanie. I put my hood over my head and let my long hair fall over the left side of my face. I looked outside, it was sunset. Perfect. I ran through the forest, trying to remember the way. I saw slices cut into every few trees. Jeff must've put them there to find his way back without a trail. I looked at the sky to see the moon out now, everything still red. Then I heard cars, or some kind of motor running. As I got closer I saw streetlights and headlights flying by. I got on the sidewalk and went the direction of downtown. I looked over my shoulder to see a man walking behind me talking on his cellphone. I stopped in front of him and he bumped into me. "Hey watch it fucker!" He yelled at me as he went in front of me, putting his phone in his pocket. I knew he was my first. I slowly creped up to him from behind. My heart was pounding and my head was aching. I took out the paring knife I found on the table and roughly stabbed it through his Adams apple. I felt his blood pouring down my hand as I deepened the wound, finally slicing through his jugular. As he bled out on the sidewalk my head stopped aching, and everything around me became normal again. The red tint left, leaving the black night sky and the  sent of blood.

     What have I done...how could I do this...I'm not a killer. I'm not crazy...I'M NOT! I ran back to the woods, following the slices on the trees to find my way home. I found the door open and the lights on. I ran inside to see Jeff hyperventilating on the couch. "J-Jeff..?" His eyes shot over to me and he tackled me in a hug. "I was so scared I thought something...I don't know what I thought...Where were you Chanse?!" I looked down at my hoodie sleeves, red now tainting them. I looked up at Jeff with tears in my eyes. "I-I...I killed someone..." I managed to whimper out. Jeff gently wiped my tears away and held me close. "It's okay baby...you're okay." He softly stroked my hair, pulling it away from my face. He looked in my eyes, I could see the compassion in his. He wasn't a coldblooded killer. "I don't like to do it either Chanse..." I buried my face in his warm neck starting to calm down. Jeff gently picked me up and a yipped at his sudden act. He brought me to our bedroom bridal style and set me down on the bed. I smiled a bit at him and he smiled back, crawling in next to me. "Get some sleep baby, you need it." He said to me softly. I nodded and closed my eyes, snuggling up against Jeff breathing in his sent as I quickly faded into a deep sleep.