REVIEW: CALL ME HERO

Admin writing review: CHBlackk

Author: Epicadrenaline

Title: Call Me Hero

Genre: Poetry

Cover: 10/10

I absolutely adore the cover! I think it fits the creepy and screwed up atmosphere you've created with your poems. It's secretive, captivating, the title is big and more than noticeable. I like that your name is present in a very visible spot but still kept very discreet. Even though I love it, maybe it looks too horror-like, but then again, I have no idea what kind of rollercoasters you have planned for us. The cover definitely fits your description as well, which is a very good start to attract a reader!

The Description: 10/10 

It's not too revealing, which I like. As a reader, I find out enough about the story to know what to imagine, but I still don't know the whole story. This is a great way to hook your reader and enslave him with your updates. I honestly have no advice about this, because everything a new reader needs to know is out there. 

The Plot: 8/10

I was shocked, got to say. When I saw it's ranked as poetry, I did not expect a full story like that, even though the description is out there. This didn't feel like poetry, but like an epic, which I believe is extremely hard to write, so this I where I tip my fedora at you! Inside demons of characters are to be spoken in another section, so I'll switch right to the peak. I'm still about to find out what the plot is really all about, but the wrestler thing is kind of not my thing. Maybe if I read another chapter I'd get hooked beyond comprehension, but for now, I'm not the type of person to like wrestlers gone rogue. The thought is kind of very appealing, so I dare say you're on a track of something amazing. 

The Characters: 10/10

This is the part I would die for. I loved that you took your time and first introduced them. Given that this is poetry or epic you've done an amazing job. Marcos and Santana went through hell, especially Marcos. And the split personality, that was an amazing addition, it really added colour to your character. Marcos is the ultimate extreme, while Santana has experienced despair as well. I can sympathise with your characters, which proves you've portrayed them really well!

Grammar / Punctuation: 9/10

I have almost nothing to say about this. I loved your vocabulary, tenses weren't mixed, the irregular verbs had right forms, everything was in its place. Maybe what I didn't like that much, was the overuse of quotation marks, especially in Santana's chapter. I realise she was talking to someone, but I don't know, it was kind of disturbing. Then again, I haven't read many stories like that.

Advice & General Stuff: 

At first, I thought this will be hard to review, because I'm not very experienced in that kind of text, but now that I finished with writing this, I realise your story was easy to understand, which made all of this easy to write. You know where you're going and you know how you want to write your poetry story, which makes you a promising writer!