REVIEW: ANTI-PHOBIA: FEARLESS

Admin writing review: CHBlackk

Author: chekitarose

Title: ANTI-PHOBIA: Fearless

Genre: Fantasy

The Cover: 10/10

I'm not sure if it's perfectly ethical to judge the cover I made but whenever I look at it, I feel pretty proud about it and I'm glad it turned out that way. I'll just mention some of the things, I usually do when judging a cover. The title is right out there for everyone to see, it's big, it's noticable and not hidden behind anything. The cover has a bright green template and it's very eye-pulling. 

The Description: 9/10

The description is cute even though it's short and it mostly sums up the plot of your story, at least I believe so for now. Even though it's adorable and straight-forward, I just missed the action-building atmosphere. Yours sounds interesting and keeping it the way it is now isn't such a bad idea as it may seem from what I've just said but I still believe it could be a little better and more hooking. Some books have the kind of descriptions that you can't help yourself but to plunge into them. I think you should just add a sentence or two and make it even more exciting. 

The Plot: 10/10

It's a total 10! I've read some of the chapters of the story before and I remembered every single detail about it. I think I've mentioned that somewhere before that your book reminds me of Some Quiet Place and Where Silence Gathers and these two books are freaking bomb! Your plot is very similar, maybe just a little bit more fantastic which isn't a bad thing at all. It's obvious you're following your original purpose you gave to this story and I can't wait to see how the rest of the ANTI-PHOBIA series will turn out. It's definitely a gem to see and a book that would deserve much more attention due to its uniqueness and many motives and hidden meanings. 

The Characters: 10/10

A good book always has good characters. A plot could be totally boring and stupid but if characters are great, the book is great. Your story follows Claire who is a character that could easily be tagged as a badass misfit. She is a strong character but that kind of facade is not fooling me. There's plenty of it behind her and her point of view doesn't reveal too much, which is great for character development. I'll mainly focus on her, since she's the one I observed for most of the chapters. I did met Fred, though, who striked me as a peculiar kind of boy but I know he's still to reveal his true colours. I can feel that Claire and Fred will become strong friends, maybe even something more. 

Grammar & Punctuation: 6/10

This is the part where you need to figure it out, ask someone for help or just give it a proof read. Grammar doesn't even have that many mistakes, you don't have too sudden tense switches that leave readers wondering what's going on, usually you just misspell some words that sound very similarly and are even written almost the same way. Your biggest problem is punctuation, especially when it comes to directing a dialogue to a person. It's hard to describe it like that without writing an essay about it, so I'll keep it short for now. Your vocabulary is pretty amazing, though. It's wide-spread, words aren't piling all up but they connected with one another and your story gets a good flow because of it. 

Advice & Overall Thoughts: 

My first advice would be to check some punctuation lessons online. Give some rules a read, then go through your book as a proofread. I'm sure you'll fix most of the mistakes and the book with therefore be even more enjoyable. As for everything else, I am pretty much a fan. The book has a new concept and you overcame yourself when it came to revealing the plot in the first few chapters - some writers tend to do that and they ruin the story. Really, no complaints, just praises. Maybe I should only mention that your chapter 1.4 (I think?) was a bit confusing to me so I had to give it another read. Maybe that is because I have a lot of things on my mind but I'd still give that chapter another try. Even though, your story needs some work, it's definitely a diamond in a rough.