REVIEW: THE DRAGON SCALE

Admin reviewing the Book: The_Grim_Reaper_
Author: Cross-Warrior
Title: The Dragon Scale
Genre: Fantasy

Cover Rating: 9/10
The most essential advertisement and ambience creation is done by none other than the cover. The majestic cover of this book needs no further appraisal than the grandeur of its archaic texture and color composition. Image and title placement are spot on as well, which covers the essential criteria of scoring it, but can mere criteria really do justice to such a handsome cover? I must say, @mahana258 did a great job, and she might be hearing from me in the future for some covers. The cover does create the medieval arcane ambience that really fuels the fantastical imagination for what this book holds in store, and there is nothing more captivating under the stars than the boundless bliss of imagination inspired by this cover.

Xby Counterflix

Description: 7/10
Description here was concise and precise, enough to dangle temptation before the reader, and yes doesn't rob the mind of its wild imagination. I believe it could be longer and less cliché, by adding something unique about the character's sketch, but all in all, it was written quite excellently. I does serve its purpose with no fallibilities, and thus it does glimmer of excellency.

Grammar and Punctuation: 10/10
I didn't find any fault in grammar, at best, and that was rather a pleasant surprise, because even though most writers do have outstanding narrations, the lack of perfect grammar does sound like an off note in the entire symphony, and here, I did find the story a flawless melody. A rather excellent job, though expected, yet absolutely commendable.

Characters: 8/10
This book is rather incomplete, making it hard to say pretty much anything decisive about the characters, but so far, they are great. The quantity of characters aren't much either to pass verdict for the entire book, but the quality of the characters speaks for itself. Every character has been given rather immense thought and the development of every one of them is rather splendid. Primarily, it's only three characters of now, of which I believe Darren won't be in the later parts of the story without further character development, but the protagonist does stand out, and even though much isn't revealed about him, but his personality is simultaneously complex yet decipherable. Quite a perfect configuration, a recipe for a legendary tale.

Things I loved:
Fantasy genre has recently seen lesser quality inspiration that ever before, and perhaps we might never have another Alice in Wonderland, but this book gives me hope that imagination for a world unseen, undiscovered and uncharted is just within reach, somewhere between the pages of this book, and the bliss of the wild imagination, it is far from dead, rather revived like a phoenix in this age where books are written lesser and lesser to cater to childhood dreams. Every aspect of the fantastical parts of the story so far are absolutely vivid, and that is something I wish I could score this book for, perhaps a perfect 10. It's a fantastic read, a recommendation to all, to the hardcore lovers of this genre to newcomers who possess wanderlust for their world of imagination. Outstanding work and well done!