9

"Donghyuck! What is wrong? You look like a dumped teenage girl"

Donghyuck smiled a weak smile to his friend and Yukhei immediately knew that something was wrong.

Usually, Donghyuck would reply sarcastically to his remark but the younger man just stood there looking like a soaked kitten. It made Yukhei sad. He knew Donghyuck for a long time and he knew what most of the people in the town didn't know about Donghyuck.

Donghyuck was not as bad as he seemed.

He was just lonely, but unable to connect with people the right way. Yukhei pitied the younger one and that's why he stayed at his side through all of his troubles. Donghyuck trusted him, Donghyuck confided himself to him.

"Is everything alright?" he asked again.

"I'm fine…I just need a place to stay for a while" Donghyuck answered.

He nodded, leading the younger male inside. Now he was really worried. Never before has Donghyuck looked so lost.

He took a break from his job and lead Donghyuck upstairs where he lived with Jungwoo in a small apartment above the restaurant. Donghyuck collapsed on the couch and Yukhei sat next to him, hoping to get him to talk.

"Donghyuck, what's wrong?"

"I'm fine, I'm just tired" he insisted.

"Why didn't you go to your own apartment then?"

The question was met with a wall of silence coming from Donghyuck who presently had his face hidden down in the pillow so Yukhei couldn't read emotions in his eyes. He placed a hand on the other's shoulder, trying to find out what got Donghyuck acting this way.

"I sold my apartment…" Donghyuck started slowly and by the tone of his voice, Yukhei knew that there was something much more troublesome than just selling his apartment.

"What did you do??" he asked, wondering did he really want to know what he did this time.

"Nothing"

"Donghyuck…"

"I didn't do anything, okay!" Donghyuck yelled out, before sighing back in the pillow, his voice muffled,

"I really didn't do anything. Why do you always think I did something? I'm just tired, I want to sleep" he muffled out and Yukhei knew that, that was for this conversation, so he left Donghyuck alone to sleep.

He was worried. Donghyuck never acted this way before. He was never this depressed. There were a few occasions when he would come out off the street and into the restaurant, beaten like a dog, and just slump his way upstairs.

Yukhei would then just call Jaemin and Jaemin's bubbly personality was usually enough to get Donghyuck annoyed enough to drop whatever got to him.

But this time was different, Yukhei knew, for this time Donghyuck just wished to be alone. To think over whatever got him down in the first place. Yukhei couldn't help but worry about his younger friend.

Upstairs, Donghyuck still had his head in the pillow, trying to prevent himself from throwing a fit. He never felt so many emotions at once and he felt like he was going to explode.

Sadness and anger were mixing in his heart together with embarrassment and his older friend's loneliness. He couldn't believe all the stupid things he managed to do in that one day.

No not one day, one night.

How could he have fallen to such a level? What got him to go and try to jump off of Mark's building and then beg for Mark to let him stay and then kiss him? What was wrong with him?

He slammed his head into the pillow, grunting angrily at his stupid behavior. Yes he was feeling depressed lately but that's no excuse to go and let his enemy see him at his weakest.

But he never wanted to be enemies with Mark in the first place, maybe this is for the best…oh shut up Donghyuck, he doesn't love you and he never will so accept that. The closest you'll ever get to him is in a fight. But he kissed him, they were close then.

He groaned in anger because he was so idiotically lonely that he started to talk to himself. He turned around on the couch, feeling the sleep tug at his eyes.

He didn't sleep well at Mark's house since he was forced to sleep on the floor and then Mark literally fell over him, crushing him along the way, so he felt in a need for a nap now.

He curled up on the couch, sighing heavily at what became of him. He didn't know what he was going to do next. After that stupid blurt-out, Mark had him in check, almost checkmate. He hoped that Mark wasn't a gossipy type, he didn't look like one.

Donghyuck closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep, to leave for some place safer in his dreams. He hated himself for doing what he did and he hated Mark for making him unprepared to finish himself off.

Yeah, like he could hate Mark, things would be much easier if he could. Then the two of them would be just enemies and he wouldn't be this near suicide.

He hated himself.

He hated himself for being so weak.

He fell asleep with those thoughts, unaware of danger coming his way.