15

Mark's body shook from the impact of the bullet that pierced his shoulder.

He didn't feel it.

He felt none of the pain that came from bleeding wound.

Though…he did feel something.

He felt his heart break at the sight under his feet. At the scene of  Donghyuck shot down and curled up in his own blood. He who used to fly so high up, way above any other human being.

He was now lying on the floor, motionless apart from ragged, desperate breaths that escaped his lips, trying to keep the broken one alive.

Donghyuck sacrificed himself.

"I love you"

For him?

"Ever since the day I met you"

For the one who did nothing but hurt him. Tore apart both his heart and soul.

"I don't care if you hate me"

How? Why?...was it true?

"Please let me be yours"

Mark felt anger bubble inside of him and he wanted to fight, but he had a wound too. He could only approach his eyes blazing with murderous rage at them.

The two thugs were about to aiming at Mark again and ready to kill him but Jaehyun stopped them.

"You better get him out of here fast. He won't survive much longer with a wound like that"

Jaehyun's calm and cold voice, the void of all emotions, snapped Mark out of his state of rage. He glanced back at the fallen Donghyuck and realized that Jaehyun was right.

Rich deep red was spreading across Donghyuck's shirt, soaking the material and slowly falling into a small puddle.

Mark gritted his teeth and clenched his fist, willing himself not to waste anymore time on the rats that caused the mess he needed to fix.

With one last blood curdling stare, he picked up the younger guy and walked out of the room. He was a bit surprised that Jaehyun didn't kill him and let them go.

It was still raining outside. He breathed in the cool air, clearing out his head that was filled with ragging haze.

That's when he felt it.

Donghyuck shifted in his arms, ever so lightly and unconsciously, whimpering from the pain that the wound caused him.

Something tugged at Mark's heart as he watched the knocked out brunette move closer, searching for warmth and comfort.

Donghyuck looked so cute when unconscious. That sickening smirk was not there anymore and all that was left was…

Donghyuck…real Donghyuck? Not the fake one he created to protect himself.

Mark felt guilt bite at his soul as he watched the younger whimper in pain, beg for help in the silent language.

Mark hugged him close to his chest, blood from his wounds sipping out and getting into Donghyuck's own blood. He hugged him close, protecting him from the cold, unforgiving world that tore him apart.

It was the least thing he could do.

Donghyuck took a bullet for him. It was really unneeded, but still, it was no small thing.

It seems that there really is more to Donghyuck than he thought.

He ran to the nearest hospital, clutching the younger close, hoping that he will get there in time.

"Don't you dare die on me, Donghyuck? Not now, not after all this time"

'Not when I'm ready to forgive you.'

~~

Sorry for short update hihi btw, what should i do? let donghyuck die or let him survive?  

And thank you for supporting me^^ I appreciate it a lot <3 I love you all😗😗