Good to see you again

{Unedited}

Dua's POV

Five years later.

It's been five years since all the drama with Lynn. Since the day she left I've been obsessed with trying to find out more about vampires. It had kind of taken over my life but I was determined to find out more about what she was..or is.

I was sitting in my room, reading a book about vampires. That's how I've been spending all my evenings since she left.

My dad came home the day after she left. I told him everything. About mom, about Josh, about her. He totally accepted me and promised to be a better dad for me. He quit his job for me and started working as a gardener so he could have a little more free time to spend with me.

We were happy now. Well, my dad thought I was happy. Don't get me wrong, I was but I still missed her.

I would constantly see her on the streets but when I saw those people's faces I realize it wasn't her.

I thought about her everyday. It seemed like everything made me me think about her.

I followed Lynn on her social media a while back and saw that she was working on new music with her band she told me about. I was so happy for her.

Now, I'm a singer myself. I'm getting pretty popular but I don't know if I'm going to be doing this for the rest of my life. I'm looking for some houses 'cause want a place for myself. I'm currently still living with my dad. I honestly don't mind but I need a change.

"Honey? I'm just going to the store really quickly. I need something for diner. I'll be right back." my dad yelled from downstairs.

"Okay dad. Love you!"

"Love you too, honey!" he yelled back. I heard footsteps and a door slam.

I never liked it when I was alone after mom and Lynn left. Dad came home soon after but he had to work so I was alone in the house.

I sighed as I went downstairs. Plopping down on the couch, I took the remote and put on a series on Netflix.

After a while I heard the door open again and my dad came in.

"Hi, honey. I'm back. I'm gonna start diner. It'll be done in like 15 minutes."

I hummed a little, continuing watching the series.

There was a knock on the door. I was just getting up to open the door when my dad ran to the door. I was very confused as to why he wanted to open the door before me. He never did that. I hadn't seen him run in a few years and it was kindof funny to see him wobble over to the door. I sat back down on the couch and chuckled a little.

"Hi, come in." my dad said.

"Thanks." I heard a voice say. It was very familiar but I just couldn't place it. It seemed a long time since I had heard that sound. That angelic sound. Wait.....what? It couldn't be. No. It's not...

"Dua...." the voice said.

I didn't even need to turn around to know who was standing there. It was her. She was actually here. In my house.

Lyndsey Gunnulfsen was here again after five years and I was unexplainably happy.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this chapter! Sorry it took me so long. It's a pretty short chapter but I just wanted to publish something for you guys. The next one will probably take a while too but not that long. I honestly have no idea how long. :) Should I even make another chspter or just leave the story at this to leave the real end to your imagination? 😂 I also want to thank you guys for more than 1k reads! Thank you so much! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next chapter!

~Kvrstvn