Chapter 11- Lost But Found. Kinda

Akira's POV

Ariana lets go of my hand and I swim towards the entrance of the cave. I look around and spot him swimming north and I go after him. He turns around and sees me chasing after him then he grins and swims even faster?. Seriously? That guy is swimming about 80km/hr.

Suddenly, a light bulb appears.

"Huh? Where'd she go?" He said, stopping in his tracks. Time to go into stealth mode. I swim cautiously through the seaweed bushes and through the coral reef.

"Looking for me?!" I ask, pouncing on him making him fall flat on his back with me on top of him. In the struggle, I noticed a ring which looked like mine on his neck, with a thread around it.

"What?" He spits, noticing that I was staring at him. Only members of the Royal Mermaidian Family have this ring because we are half human and half mermaid.

"Your ring" I say getting off of him. He looks down at his ring and then at mine.

"How'd you get that?" We ask in sync.

"I'm King Deruso's Daughter" I say and he gawks at me like I grew a barnacle on my forehead.

"And I'm king Deruso's Son" He says and my jaw dropped to the floor.

"You're lying" I state flatly, unable to believe my ears.

"Then how do you explain the ring?" He deadpans.

"You probably stole it, just like you stole my gem" I say, making him laugh.

"True but I didn't" He said, growing serious again.

"I refuse to believe you" I say, turning away from him. Dammit, I still have to get the gem and it's lodged in his bag.

"I would have said the same but everyone knows you're the princess but doesn't know that the princess has a twin brother" He sighs.

"Twin what?!" I yell, turning to face him.

"Yes I'm your twin brother. I was kinda excited that I found you but I had to take the gem and I also had to stay away from you" He admits, putting his hand into his bag and pulling out the gem.

Now's your chance Akira! Take it!

I can't.

What do you mean you can't?! Take it!

"W-why did they separate us?" I stutter, feeling my eyes water or it's probably the water in my eyes.

"Well Minos was terribly angry that mom gave birth to a baby boy while his wife gave birth to a girl so he plotted to kill me but when the plot was uncovered, mom took me to the human world and put me in the hands of her sister just so that I would be protected" He explains.

"But then why are you here? Why aren't you there?" I say, wiping the tears from my eyes.

Yup, I'm crying. Something I hardly ever do.

"When mom's sister heard about the Mermaidian Armageddon and the death of her sister, she took that opportunity to get rid of me. She called me names, told me that I had a twin sister and I would never see her again and made me work more than my strength. She made me work to paid all her debts and she made sure that none of my debts were repaid. So one night, I decided to escape from her house into the ocean, in search for jewels and treasures, you know? Like shipwrecks with lots of booty in them, just so I can pay back my debts" He said, laughing at the second-to-last sentence.

"I'm so sorry" I say, pulling him in for hug. He was surprised but he hugged me back and I cried onto his shoulder.

"Ssh, it's okay baby sis, stop crying" He said and I immediately pull away from him.

"Baby sis?" I deadpan.

"Oh yeah, I'm five minutes older" He grins and I groan.

"But hold on, how come you're a wizard?" I ask curiously. He gives me an are-you-kidding-me look.

"Seriously? In the Mermaidian family, we are witches and wizards but we just have to learn how to unlock the power" He explains and I grin happily.

"Cool! I'm a witch! I'm a witch!" I chirp, dancing around.

"Akira! There you are!" Ariana and the gang yell as they approach us.

"Holy Molly!" Ariana and Suzy yell when they see my brother.

"Uh I mean, Akira, he's the one that stole the gem!" Ari says, but she's still ogling at my brother.

"He's my brother, he's the Prince" I say, making them all gasp.

"You mean the missing prince? As in Princess Akira's twin brother?!" Suzy squeals.

"Yup" My brother said and immediately they all bowed to him.

"So brother, what's your name?" I ask as we pick up to supplies. He suggested that we move our supplies to the cave so we'll be more hidden and secure.

"Nakira" He said making me laugh.

"It's just Akira but with a N" I grin and he nods.

"I think I'll call you Naki" I smile and he glares at me.

"Don't you dare" He growled but I didn't flinch.

"Naki" I say and he laughs. I leave him to go and help Ariana with the coral bag.

"Thanks" She said as I put the bag on her shoulder.

"You have a crush on my brother" I tease and I swear that her face flushed red for a second.

"How'd you know!- I mean, why would you think such a thing?" She corrects.

"Ari loves Naki! Ari loves Naki!" I cheer, making her flush red again.

"Shut up" She squeaks.

This is gonna be interesting.

×=×=×
A/N: Hey guys, here's another chapter. Done and dusted. So I'm also updating this chapter today because school resumes on Monday. So, I may not have the opportunity to update on Monday so that's why I'm updating early. Hope you like the chapter and yes, Akira is not an only child! Yay! Thanks for reading, muah! Love y'all!

Jessyblue14😜