Chapter 17- Magic Sucking Shackles

Akira's POV

We were still in the carriage, probably at the gates of Mermaidia because I could hear chirpy village noises. I sighed and laid back on my brother's shoulder. We were all disappointed in Suzy but we do know it's not her fault.

"So what's the plan?" Ariana suddenly spoke up. I shrugged and nudged Nakira with my shoulder. He grunted and nudged me back.

"Oh, it is on! Nudge fight!" I yelled then I and Nakira began nudging ourselves. When the fight was getting heated, and it looked like he was giving up...

"Stop it!" Ariana yelled, making us to end our very childish frolic. My breathing was heavy and so was Nakira's.

She sighed, "We are about to be sent to our deaths by the worst way imaginable. (Minos does have different ways of annihilating his foes and all of them are beyond the word 'pain').

"Okay now I'm scared" Nakira breathed. I nudged him again but this time I was annoyed.

"So you weren't scared before?!" I half yelled and he shrugged. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, time to unload the goods" The chief guard spoke.

"Hold on guys, do you remember that we are witches and wizards" Nakira spoke up and we grinned.

Transition.

"Okay, open up" He said, standing in front of the door. As the door opened, they met a deadly surprise from Ariana.

"Water snake!" The guards yelled, running around frantically. I looked at Ariana in surprise while she just grinned, watching them scramble.

"Look a knife, we can cut ourselves loose" I yelled, staring at one of the abandoned knives. We dragged ourselves to that area and tried to cut ourselves loose.

"I don't think so" A guard said, kicking away the knife when I almost had it. I sighed in defeat as they dragged us away.

×=×=×

Darkness but the place was illuminated by a little light that cast a shadow on the stony wall. We were in.. Prison? All the things we encountered few hours ago hit me like a freight train and I groan, trying to get up.

"It's no use" A voice spoke up from beyond the wall. It sounded like, oh my gosh, Nakira.

"Oh my God, Nakira are you al- Ugh" I fell face first on the rough floors. My tail and hands were bounded by shackles.

"Told you" He said.

"Akira? You're up?" Ariana spoke up from the other side of the wall. I nodded but felt like an idiot seconds after when I realized she couldn't see me.

"I'm fine" I yelled back. "We could use magic to break ourselves free guys, remember?" I spoke up with a glint of hope.

"We could but we can't" Nakira said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Besides these shackles are designed to stop all magic coursing through our veins thereby stopping us from making any funny move".

"You have got to be kidding me" I said in a frustrated tone. I sighed, relaxing on the cold, rough wall.

Keys rattling and metal gates creaking open drives any iota of sleep from my eyes as I become alert of what's happening.

"Get up, princess" A guard with really broad, intimidating shoulders and a deep baritone voice spoke up amidst the darkness.

"Well I guess it hasn't occurred to you that I'm in shackles" I said in a very harsh tone which had the guard taken aback.

"Um right, sorry" He mumbled, unlocking my shackles. As he was about to straighten up, I used the only weapon that I've mastered.

"Specktra Petrolus!" I yelled and immediately the huge guard, floated like a weightless nylon bag till he reached the ceiling. The keys unlocking the shackles fell down and I immediately picked them up.

"Thanks" I winked and swam out of the room. I began to opened the gate that closed up Ari's prison.

"Who's there?" She questioned, her voice wavering in fear. I swam to the only illuminated part of the room and relief immediately washed over her as she saw me.

"Oh my gosh, how did you escape?" She questioned as I unlocked her shackles. I sighed.

"Not now, ask your questions later. First, we're gonna bust outta this joint" I said in effort to sound cool, making her laugh. We proceeded to unlock where Nakira was.

"Who's there?" Nakira asked as I opened the door. I smiled at hearing my brother's voice and immediately rushed towards him, enveloping him in my arms.

"Akira? How the fuck did you get out? And how the fuck did she get out?" He questioned, pointing at Ari making me laugh.

"I'll tell you later, right now, we just have to run" I said as I unlocked his shackles. Immediately, he was freed, he cracked his knuckles and his neck joint, making Ariana swoon.

We began to swim out of the maze which is the castle dungeons, cautiously dodging guards and illuminated areas. Finally we reached the main door that led out the dungeon. We followed the stairs and it led us into the castle hallways.

"So how are we going to escape without a zillion guards seeing us?" Ariana questioned. Honestly, I had no freaking idea.

"Daddy!" A girl screeched making want to rip my ears out.

"Yes, my princess" I heard a voice that was too familiar. Like I've heard it since birth. That voice that haunts my dreams, that oh so familiar voice.

"You really mean that princess and that super cute prince are in the dungeon?" A girl squealed happily.

"Hey, she forgot about me" Ari said in mock hurt while I playfully rolled my eyes at her. For all I know, we were backing the people conversing and therefore couldn't see their face.

"Yes, princess" He said wickedly. I wanted to show my face right now and show him that we ain't his prisoners no more.

"You're such a great King. Long live King Minos!" She cheered.

I knew it. That voice was beyond familiar. The voice that killed my parents. The voice of King Minos.

×=×=×
A/N: Hey guys. Talk about dramatic. Lol I know Akira's last statement was dramatic but hey you can't blame me. Anyways, I've decided to make this chapter a cliffhanger to create more suspense (Dun dun dun). Yeah so I hope you liked it, cos this chapter isn't one of my favorites but still. Hope you like it! Jessy loves y'all!