Chapter 4 Meeting the Mutant.

The years passed quickly after the battle of New York, it was in that time period that Thor had his heart ripped out by Jane Foster. He left Midgard and did not return for a year. While Thor was gone, there had been a few changes. Namely Bruce asking Alina to come work with him and Tony at Stark Tower.

"Why do you want this kid working with us?" Tony asked when Bruce suggested it.

"Because she is a very intellegent young lady and has a lot of talent."

"Oh, yeah, and what type of talents does she have, Brucey?" Tony asked wiggling his eyebrows.

Bruce frowned at Tony's insinuation. "Is that the only thing you think about? She just so happens to be a Harvard graduate with degrees in physics, engineering, micro biology, medicine and law. And she graduated at 16 years old."

Tony's mouth fell open, "You're kidding me?"

"Nope."

"Oh this I gotta see." Tony stated as he began to hack into Harvard's data base, "Holy shit, she graduated top of her class in every single time." Tony said as he continued to to do research into Alina.

"She grew up at Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, she's a mutant?"

Bruce looked up from his work, "Yeah, do you have a problem with that?"

"No, no of course not. It says here her mother abandoned her when she was three and that her father is unknown."

Bruce didn't look up from his work, he only smirked to himself, if Tony only knew.

"Hey what kind of freaky powers does she have?" Tony asked, poking Bruce in the ribs.

Bruce looked away from his screen, then took off his glasses, "Well she's what Xavier classifies as an Omega mutant, one of the most powerful mutants in existance. She's on par with him and Magneto, she's telepathic, telekinetic and elemental."

"Wow, do you think she'd be interested in joining the Avengers?" Tony asked.

"Doubt it, she's part of the X-Men."

At hearing the name X-Men, Tony bristled. He resented the fact that the X-Men did not help out when New York was attacked, they could have used their help. Bruce noticed the dark look on Tony's face at the mention of the X-Men, Bruce let out a sigh.

"Don't tell me you have something against the X-Men?"

Tony rolled his eyes, "Noo, why should I have something against a group who has more experience fighting together, just because they ignored a life or death situation in New York. It's not like the attack on New York wasn't going to affect the whole world or anything, oh, wait, it was." Tony said bitterly.

"So, what, just because they couldn't help, you don't want Alina here?"

Tony was typing away on his computer before he answered. "Maybe it's not a good… Holy Shit, she's gorgeous! Why the hell didn't you tell me she was so hot?!"

Bruce chuckles, "I didn't think that was going to make such a big difference."

"Are you crazy, of course that makes a difference, she has everything, beauty and brains and she's sexy as hell. Yeah, why don't you offer her that job here after all." Tony says as he stares at Alina's photo.

There was a roll of thunder after Tony's comment. Bruce looked up, wondering if it was the actual weather or an irate father.

"Tony you're such a pig."

Tony blew Bruce a kiss, "Yeah, but you love me, now chop, chop, Bruce, get calling."

Bruce laughed, he pulled out his cell phone and dialed Alina's number, she answered on the second ring.