Chapter 23 Meeting the Students

Thor, with a big grin on his face, offered his arm to Alina and they made their way inside the mansion. They walked into the dining room and all eyes turned to Thor. He was actually expecting to be bombarded with children asking for his autograph or to have a picture with him but what he got was silence and suspicious looks. It actually surprised him to see the look of doubt and fear in the eyes of the children. Though they were excited to see an Avenger they were still wary. Alina took his hand and led him further into the dining hall.

She cleared her throat and addressed the children, “Kids, I'd like to introduce you to Thor Odinson of Asgard.”

Thor smiled brightly and walked further into the dining hall. He paused and set Mjolnir down by the door just out of the way, “Greetings, Children, I am very happy to meet you all,” Thor says in a booming voice, scaring some of the children.

“Indoor voice, Goldilocks,” Logan tells him.

“My apologies, Logan,” Thor said a little softer causing some of the younger children to giggle.

One of the little girls that had been liberated from the Hydra base gets up and shyly makes her way over to Thor. She smiles up at him and takes him by the hand. Thor smiles back and kneels down in front of her.

“Are you really from another planet and are you really a prince?”

“Yes, little one, I am from another planet and I am a prince.”

“Wow.” The little girl says.

Thor chuckles, “What is your name, little one?”

“My name is Clarissa, Mr. Thor, sir.”

“And how old are you, Clarissa?”

“I'm five years old.”

Thor takes her hand and kisses it, “It's very nice to meet you, Clarissa.”

Clarissa giggles and blushes, “It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Thor.”

Clarissa suddenly hugs Thor and gives him a kiss on the cheek then goes running back to her seat next to her friend. Thor chuckles and stands up. Alina takes him by the hand and leads Thor to the kitchen to get him something to eat. With that display, the entire dining hall relaxes. They now believe that Thor will not harm them. The kids begin to talk amongst themselves again about how cool it is to have Thor there. No other child approaches Thor just yet as Professor Xavier told them all to eat their lunch first and then they could visit with the Asgardian.

While they're in the kitchen Alina begins to make a plate for Thor while he leans against the counter watching her. He comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her and hugs her to him, “I have missed you so much, My Love.”

Alina leans back against him, “I missed you too, Thor, I'm sorry I've been away so long.”

“No, I completely understand that you are needed here. Tell me why is Clarissa here, I thought you said that a child's mutant powers did not manifest until they were teenagers?”

“That's true but in her case, her parents are both mutants and so Hydra kidnapped her when her parents were out on a date. They killed the baby sitter.”

Thor was horrified, “Do her parents know she's alive?”

“Yes, they come to visit on the weekends, but since Hydra somehow activated her X-Gene they decided that she should stay here for a while to learn how to control it.”

“What is her power?”

“Fire manipulation.”

Thor suddenly understood, “Ah that is why you have remained, to help her control her ability.”