Chapter 26 A Father's Blessing

After Clarissa's nap, they had lunch, then headed downstairs to the danger room. No holograms were turned on, but it was the only room that was fireproof. So, if Clarissa lost control, no one would get hurt. Alina asked Thor to wait in the control room just in case something happened. She didn't want him to get burned.

With Thor situated in the control room, Alina got started with Clarissa. They first started with meditation. Because Clarissa was only five years old, she had a hard time not fidgeting. But she was slowly beginning to learn that it was necessary to control her powers. Alina and Clarissa sat in the middle of the room with their eyes closed as Alina instructed Clarissa to find her center and to concentrate on remaining calm. The little girl took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

“Now, I want you to look deep inside and feel the little flame inside you. Can you feel it?”

“Yes.”

“Good. Now, slowly push the flame out towards your hands.”

Clarissa's brow furrowed, and she began to sweat as she held her hand out in front of her. Clarissa's hand started to shake; then, a little flame appeared in her hand. She opened and exclaimed, “I did it!”

Alina smiled at her, “Yes, you did. Now, call the flame back in.”

Clarissa concentrated, and the flame disappeared. Thor was in the control room watching; he smiled brightly at seeing Clarissa accomplish that little feat. Alina and Clarissa practiced for another thirty minutes before the little girl tired out. Once they finished their training, Thor came down and opened the doors to the Danger Room. He walked in and picked up an exhausted Clarissa.

“Did you see Mr. Thor? I did it!”

“I saw Little One. Congratulations. Soon you will have as much control as my beloved.”

“You think so?”

“Yes, you only need to practice and remain calm.”

Clarissa thought for a moment, then she nods, “Okay, I can do that.”

Thor pats her bottom, “Good girl.”

“How about we get a snack for you, Clarissa, then you can go with Professor Xavier for your lessons?”

“Okay!”

Alina and Thor go back upstairs and go into the kitchen. They get the little girl some cookies and milk. When Clarissa finishes her snack, Alina takes her up to Charles' office. She lets him know that she and Thor would be leaving for a while as they needed to talk to Alina's father in New York.

“Alright, Alina and good luck with your father,” Charles said, already knowing why the couple was going to Olympus.

“Thank you, Charles.”

Alina and Thor left Charles' office, they went to the garage and took Alina's car back to New York City. When they arrive in New York, Alina parks the car, and she and Thor walk to the Empire State Building. The couple walks into the building, but instead of taking the standard way to Olympus, Alina and Thor go to where the service elevators are and choose one of those.

The ride up is quiet, and Alina can't help but fiddle with her hands. Thor looks down and takes her hand, “It will be alright, My Love. Your father will agree to let us marry sooner, I know it.”

Alina wasn't so sure. She had the feeling that her father was hoping that she and Thor would break up. But Alina did hope that Zeus would agree to let her and Thor get married as soon as possible. The reached the top floor and stepped out into Olympus, they look around and find that the meeting hall is empty. That meant that Zeus was in his study. Alina and Thor walked toward Zeus's study and knocked on the door.

“Enter,” Zeus bellowed.

Alina and Thor entered and found Zeus sitting in his armchair reading a book while her Uncle Poseidon sat in another chair reading as well. Zeus and Poseidon look up from their books, Zeus smiles at seeing Alina walking through the doorway with Thor.

“Prinkípissa!”

“Anipsiá (Niece.)”

“Hello, Papa, hello, Uncle.”

“Hello, Thor.” Poseidon greets.

“Thor,” Is all that Zeus says, “What brings you two to Olympus?”

Alina and Thor look at each other, and Thor takes Alina's hand. “Great Zeus, Alina, and I would like to get married.”

“Yes, I know.”

“Tomorrow,” Thor says.

Zeus and Poseidon look at each other. Zeus laughs and stands up; he takes his mortal form and looks straight into Thor's eyes, “No.”

“But Papa.”

“No, Prinkípissa.”

Alina's eyes start to water, and Zeus sighs, “You will not get married as if this was a secret or a shameful thing. If you two insist on getting married, then you will have a proper wedding. I will not be deprived of the opportunity to walk my child down the aisle, and if you are to have a proper wedding, this will take time to plan. You will be married in a month.”

Alina stood there and stared at her father, speechless. She suddenly lunged for him and hugged Zeus tightly, “Thank you, Papa.”

Zeus chuckled and hugged Alina back just as tightly, “You're welcome, Mikros, (Little One.)”

Thor walks towards father and daughter with a smile on his face. Alina lets go of Zeus and move back towards Thor; he offers his hand to Zeus, “Thank you, Your Majesty.”

“You're welcome, Thor, I expect you to treat my daughter well.”

“Of course, Sire. I will love and protect her for the rest of eternity.”

“Good.”

By this time, Poseidon had taken his mortal form as well and had walked over to his brother and niece. Alina smiled at her uncle and hugged him tightly, “Congratulations, Mikros.”

“Thank you, Uncle, I'm so happy.”

Poseidon then shook Thor's hand, “Congratulations, Thor.”

“Thank you, Poseidon.”

“Now, we must contact everyone so that they can start planning your wedding,” Poseidon said.

“Yes, Brother, will you handle that?” Zeus asked.

Poseidon and Alina looked at each other surprised. Everyone knew that Zeus was a control freak, so for him to let Poseidon do even this much meant, Zeus was not feeling well. Alina walked over to her father; she put her hand on her father's shoulder, “Papa, are you alright?”

Zeus gave her a sad smile, “Yes, My Sweet. I just realized that you're not a baby anymore. But a young woman ready for marriage, it is slightly depressing.”

Alina hugged her father, “Oh, Papa, I may not be a baby anymore, but I will always be your little girl.”

Zeus sighed, “I know, but I don't want you to grow up.”

“Do not worry, Zeus; we shall give you many grandchildren,” Thor says.

Zeus' eyes narrow at first, but the more he thought about it, the more he liked the idea. He got this crazed glint in his eyes, “I expect no less than six.”

“Done,” Thor said.

“Now, wait a minute,” Alina said, but the two men were no longer listening to her.

Poseidon chuckled and put his arm around Alina, “Come, Sweetling, these two are now lost discussing your future children. While they do that, we will call for an assembly and get things started.”