Chapter 8

Midoriya was distraught.
He didn't speak to anyone for two days, he didn't leave his room or even go to school. He'd taken down some of his old 'plus ultra' and 'anyone can be a hero' posters in his room. They were all lies, objects that just revealed the horrible truth over and over again. As much as Midoriya wanted to shrug it off as another one of his wide smiles, he couldn't. Truthfully, he wasn't OK one bit.
The man he's looked up to the most had told him face-to-face he couldn't be a hero. Midoriya could look out his window and see small children, running wound with their quirks fully activated. That was something Midoriya would never experience. He sighed, checking his phone.
All his messages had been from Bakugou, asking if he needed an excuse for being off school and just asking of he was OK. The change of heart was seemingly nice, but Midoriya didn't believe that Bakugo wanted to help him. He had been exposed to the truth, everything was lies and fakeness now.
Eventually though, Midoriya had to return to school. As he walked through the door to his lesson, a few people snickered at what had happened the last time Midoriya was in. The class had came to the conclusion thst Midoriya had not came in because he was embarrassed by what had happened while Bakugou trued to tell them that, "The nerd is just sick. Shut the fuck up about him already."
He took his seat, leaning on his arms and gazing at the ceiling as the lesson droned on. He was unaware of the red eyes of a certain 'protector' casting glances at him to see if he was OK.
Bakugou had become noticeably less insulting and rude to Midoriya, though obviously that didn't stop. He'd still tease the shorter male and ask for permission slips for things. He also didn't stop pressing against Midoriya to fluster him, as it made his own heartbeat faster for a few moments.
As the day finally came to a close, Midoriya had stayed behind to talk to his teacher about some homework and Bakugou had gone ahead, kicking random pieces of litter as he went. There was his ordinary scowl on his face as he kicked a dirty water bottle, making the lid fly off in a random direction. He took no notice of it though and frankly didn't care as he leaned against the wall of an alleyway.
"Stupid Deku, getting himself into situations like that and having someone else save him." Bakugou grunted, looking into the streets. He tensed up siddenly, his eyes widening at a bone-chilling voice coming from behind him. He turned around and shouted loudly as his eyes rested on a  large, muddy figure that had an evil smirk on it's... face?
Bakugou didn't exactly care about facial details right at that moment, as the sludge monster had chosen it's time and pounced.