Chapter 28

And so their relationship grew even more. Over the weeks they went to school, Midoriya and Bakugou drew closer and closer, going on dates and stealing little kisses. OK, it was mainly Bakugou who did the kissing and Midoriya getting flustered and giggling. They'd both decided to keep their newly-found bond a secret from everyone, but that sure didn't stop people from teasingly shipping them.
That would be Ashido and Kirishima.
During hero training one day, they were partnered up. It was a pretty big assessment to see where all the students were up to and it just-so-happened to be that Midoriya and Bakugou were partnered up.
"How cliché is this?" Midoriya had chuckled as they went to the side to discuss tactics. They'd been put up against Todoroki and Yaoyorozu, meaning they'd have to think more strategically. Midoriya knew Todoroki wouldn't be holding back after what he'd told Midoriya.
"Pfft, you know you love me." Bakugou teased quietly, only for Midoriya to hear. He grinned and nodded.
"I can't lie there. How are we going to win this?" Midoriya glanced over at his opponents, who were talking quietly. His gaze met Todoroki's for a second and he swore he could see the other smirk. Bakugou also saw this and wrapped his arm around Midoriya, pulling his attention back to the situation.
"I was thinking bait. I won't let him hurt you, though." Bakugou started to explain his plan, Midoriya's smile growing as he nodded along. Once Bakugou had finished, he clapped his hands together and beamed.
"That sounds perfect! Let's do that!" Bakugou grinned, nodding in agreement.

~ TIME SKIP TO TIME OF ASSESSMENT ~

Midoriya stood side-by-side with Bakugou at the gate, a determined expression on his face. It surprised Bakugou how much stronger, mentally and physically, he had gotten over the past few months. He chuckled softly to himself, making the shorter look up at him in confusion. A loud voice echoed around the room they were in.
"Students! Take your positions, the gates will be opening in one minute!"
Present Mic's voice rang around so loudly the boys were certain he was using his quirk instead of the speaker. They were already poised, ready for action with their quirks ready. Bakugou had been helping out Midoriya's training until the green-haired boy could use his quirk without too much of a backlash.
A timer on the wall ticked down slowly, keeping them constantly aware of the thirty seconds they had left.
"Remember the plan?"
"Of course I do, nerd." Bakugou smirked, looking down at Midoriya fondly. "It's time to kick some ass!" The shorter nodded, grinning as their heads snapped back to the gate that was starting to rise.
"10!"
"9!"
"8!"
It was a quarter of the way up.
"7!"
"6!"
"5!"
Halfway.
"4!"
"3!"
"2!"
"1!"
There was a pause as the gate reached the top, exposing the city they were to fight in. Silence dominated the surroundings until an air-horn hooted, the timer flashed red and the shrill voice of Present Mic screamed, "GO! GO! GO!"
And the boys were off.