Chapter 20

It had taken a week or so, in that time Bakugou hadn't replied to any of Midoriya's messages. Midoriya had resorted to using a ladder to climb up to Bakugou's window to talk to him. Granted, he'd nearly been pushed off, but things were a little more patched up between them. Bakugou hadn't really wanted to drag Midoriya into another panic attack, so he'd just grumbled responses. He'd even pulled Midoriya into his room so that he could play the footage of the entrance exam as Midoriya didn't have a VHS. It wasn't just the two of them, it was a mashup of everyone with their names and what their quirks were.
It got to Bakugou's part and Midoriya grabbed into his arm, smiling widely. "You're so cool, Kacchan! I still think you're amazing!" He beamed, making Bakugou flush ever so slightly and smirk a little.
"I know I'm amazing... I guess you're pretty cool too."
"DIE! DIE! DIE!" Screamed the Bakugou on screen, obliterating three different robots. Midoriya's eyes widened in amazement, feeling glad Bakugou hadn't been that violent towards him.
"Awesome..." he murmured, not seeing how Bakugou blushed deeper and looked away.

Bakugou rubbed his cheeks to try and get the pink out of them. Stupid Deku, getting him all soft. He grumbled to himself, stiffening a little as he saw the giant 0-pointer. He knew exactly what was coming next.
That Ururaka bitch was stuck underneath a pile of stones, unable to get out as the robot drew closer. He watched as Midoriya saw himself run forward and take a jump, shooting into the air and punching the robot back, destroying it completely. Then played a few other people finishing off the last robots and the video was over. The two boys sat in silence before Midoriya spoke up.
"Kacchan... I'm sorry I didn't tell you. My quirk manifested late and I wanted to surprise you by getting into UA like I said I would. Then I'd show you and you'd think it was pretty cool..." He heard nervous laughter beside him and shuffling around, "Saying it now, it sounds really stupid. I never meant to offend you or make you upset... I wanted you and I to be friends."
Bakugou narrowed his eyes, not at the subject, but at how forced the word 'friend' had sounded. He felt his heart pace quicken a little, like it usually did when Midoriya called him by the childhood nickname.
"Kacchan? Are we-"
"We're good." Bakugou nodded, letting a small smile slip through. Midoriya caught the smile and returned it, relief shining inbuos eyes that they were back on speaking grounds. He opened his mouth to say something when a voice sounded from below the window.
"Izu! Come down, your letter arrived!" Inko called up to him excitedly, waving around a square envelope. Bakugou had received his acceptance letter the day before, so he smiled encouragingly at Midoriya as he waved goodbye and climbed down the ladder.
Once Midoriya was down, he thought about how much effort the green-haired boy had put into talking to him, even though it was obvious he was being ignored. He chuckled softly to himself, leaning on his hand and staring at his TV screen boredly.
Fifteen minutes passed and his phone started ringing beside him. Without even reading the caller-ID, Bakugou picked up.
"Hello-"
"KACCHAN OH MY GOODNESS I GOT IN! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I CAN'T! OH MY GOD!"
"Wait, you actually got into UA??"
"Yes! I did!"
"Good job, Deku. You really turned the tables there."
"Thank you Kacchan! I'll see you at school!"
"Deku, I'll see you tomorrow."
His only response was a happy squeal down the other end of the line.