34 ~ The Cage

"Don't worry!" My captor, the one person in the world that I should trust the most, taunts, smiling, "I'll be right back!"

The clunk of my prison door closing intensified my fear. Alone, bound to a chair, I couldn't help myself.

Panicked, I began to scream.

Tears streamed down my face, and soon, sweat mixed with that. This tiny cage, old and used, lay out in the midday sun. The metal heated up quickly, and soon, I was panting.

"Come back!" I screamed. "Help! Please!"

I struggled, twisted in my bounds. I tried my hardest to escape, but it got me nowhere.

Tears, sweat, and drool continued to pour down my face. Blood joined in the mini rivers, as I had accidentally injured myself in my struggle. I screamed until my throat was raw, and urine streamed down my legs on terror.

I had no idea how long I had been alone, but eventually I stopped crying and sweating, as dehydration set in. Then the headache came on. The sun was merciless.

Slowly, my pathetic attempt at escaping became weaker. Snot dripped from my nose, and my arms dropped, handfuls of my own hair in my fists in a maddened attempt to rip the headache out.

My head slumped forward and I vomited. One last pitiful attempt for my body to survive.

My eyes grew heavy... Colors swirled in my field of vision... Then darkness...

*****

Linda smiled, strolling out of the art store. She absolutely loved it there.

She glanced down at her watch, eyes widening. Surely she hadn't been gone that long.

"Oh Danny, I didn't think I would be so long! Danny?"

Linda dropped the bags and screamed.