Chapter 5.

Do you remember the car ride?

Finally, the day had arrived that I had been waiting for, you came around early that morning as the two of us along with my parents packed your car full of my stuff, you had a conversation I overheard with my parents about how you would keep an eye on me. I hoped that was a promise.

The car ride itself was full of joking around singing along to the radio and you giving me tips about getting through my first year of university, all the best-hidden places to study when you want some quiet time, the cheapest places for when your running low on money and reminding me where your dorm was and what room you were in case I needed anything.

It was amazing and something I would never forget.

Arriving you took me to get my papers and key to my dorm room and even helped me bring everything up to my room along with helping me unpack some of them, finally you announced we were having a break and grabbing something to eat. I thought we had eaten plenty in the car but I want to go pass it up.

You gave me a tour as you walked us to your favourite place to get food, you pointed out what each building had in them along with what each cafe sold and if they were any good. I thought about pointing out that I had already had a tour of the place with my parents when looking at possible universities, but you seemed so excited as you pointed everything out the best place to get a coffee when you're pulling an all-nighter or first thing in the morning after an all-nighter.

I didn't even drink coffee but I didn't have the heart to tell you.