Chapter 15.

Do you remember our first pets?

The landlord had agreed to allow us to get a pet and we were off to the nearest rescue centre the same day, you really wanted a dog while I kept saying with our work schedules it wouldn't be possible because they need too much attention. That and I wanted a cat.

It was while discussing that, one of the workers told us about a cat and dog that had come in as a pair just over a year ago and wouldn't leave each other's side, the dog a senior and the cat aged two had become best friends when their owner sadly had to give them up.

They were with a foster home and they set up a meeting for us to met them at the end of the week, you kept saying in the car ride home how you didn't want a senior dog because it wouldn't be fun. You sounded like a whiny little child and I told you to at least met the dog before you judge it.

You was a goner the second the dog walked into the living room having just come back from the garden, he walked right up to you with his graying labrador hair and placed his head in your lap, his big eyes looking up to yours the whole time as the cat jumped off the window seal and joined its dog friend.

For a second I thought you might leave me for this dog if I didn't keep an eye out.

When the foster parent asked us if we were interested your head-shot over to me only then realizing I had to agree with you before giving an answer, I smiled at you already knowing you wouldn't let me say no, not that I wanted to.

Two weeks later they moved in with us, a dog and cat bed already in our room ready and waiting for them.