Chapter 16.

Do you remember when I said yes?

Having been together for five years, of course, people were waiting for us to announce our engagement, we would always laugh when people made jokes about how you haven't proposed yet and even saying how at the rate we were going I would end up being the one to propose.

After a while, even I was wondering if you were ever going to propose.

Then one Sunday morning I woke up to the dog licking my face, something he would normally do to you. I gave him a fuss when I felt the bit of paper you had placed under his collar telling me to meet you in the living room.

Still, in my pyjamas, I walked down the hallway, the dog by my side and there you were sunflowers my favourites in one hand. You had even put a suit on all because you knew how handsome I always thought you looked, then I noticed it in your other hand was a small black ring box.

You didn't say anything as you got down on one knee, whistled for the dog to come to you as you placed another note that you pulled out of nowhere and tucked it on his collar again and told him to go get me, he came trotting over and you smiled your eyes even filled up a little not that you allowed me to tell people that in the story. 

I took the note opening it and inside in your terrible handwriting you had asked me to marry you, with a love heart at the end just for good measure.

No speech was needed, heck I didn't even care what the ring looked like before I rushed over to you as quickly as I could I tackled you on the ground and the dog even started jumping around us wanting to join in with our cuddle.

I kissed you so hard at that moment as I cried a little, I was the happiest I had ever been in that moment at the idea of marrying you.

You asked if that was a yes.

I said it was a thousand time yes.