Chapter 7

2 Weeks Later
Willow

I have been contemplating over this decision to go meet with my mom. I just don't know what to do. I know that I'm not ready for her to meet babygirl but after talking with Granny I think I'm going to do it.

I dial her hotel number:

Her: Hello?

Me: Hey ma. Before you say anything, just
know I'm only agreeing to meet with you because of Granny.

Her: Okay, I have to accept that.

Me: We can meet At Privo today at two and I'll pay.

Her: Okay. See you there.

I hang up and tears begin to flow. I hear little feet running to my room.

"Mommy why are you crying?"

"No reason babygirl. I love you."

"I love you too mommy. I get to go to Uncle Gerald's house?"

"Yes baby lets get dressed so we can go."

"Yay we get Subway for breakfast Mommy?!!"

"Yes baby and I laid your clothes out so make sure you put them on."

She runs to her room. I finished my shower and then go to my closet to pick my outfit and I straighten my hair.

 I finished my shower and then go to my closet to pick my outfit and I straighten my hair

I pick babygirl up with her bag and head out the door. I lock her in her car seat and turn on Nicki Minaj: Chun-Li and laugh at babygirl trying to wrap.

We pull up to Gerald's and he gets babygirl out of her car seat.
"Uncle Gerald!!!!! Where my cousin?"

"Hey babygirl and she is in the back with your aunt in the pool. You ready to go?"

"Yes! Bye mommy love you!"

"Thanks G."

"You know I got you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I arrive at Privo.

"Hi welcome to Privo! Do you have a reservation?"

"Yes. I have a reservation for two under Brown and I requested a booth."

"Yes and I remember you! Your husband is Alexander Kent. You're like black royalty around here."

"Yes Alexander is something but I go bye Brown ma'am."

"Yes ma'am. Right this way."

I follow the nice hostess and sit in the booth. I wait and a waitress comes to the booth.

"Hi I'm Bree and I'll be your waitress for today. Are you ready to order drinks?"

"Yes I'm meeting someone but I would like to order a bottle of Moscato for the table and for myself I would like a walk me down and make it fruity but strong please."

"Yes ma'am I'll be right back."

As soon as the waitress walks away I see my mother come in.

"As soon as the waitress walks away I see my mother come in

"So you can't stand and greet your mother?"

Clearly I wanted to say no but I get up anyway.

"Hi."

She sits down as the waitress comes back with the drinks. I drink my walk me down fast as I can then I start on my glass of wine.

"So you wanted to talk to me Shun?"

"First of all I'm your mother so you can address me as ma or mom and yes I did."

She has a lot of nerve walking back into my life after 20 years talking about call me mom? What is she even on?

"Okay talk Shun. I'm all ears because I must tell you that I find it quite interesting that after twenty years, you decide to remember that you're a mother?"

"If you're going to attack me Willow, we can end this conversation."

"Hahaha! Are you serious? My attack has yet to begin I was only stating facts. I will allow you to speak Shun because I promised my Granny that I would. Remember her the woman that practically raised me from birth. Yet you dipped in and out of my life when you felt like it then disappeared all together."

"Willow I had to pursue my dreams. To be honest you weren't apart of my dream. I've wanted to act my entire life. Now I have achieved that and I realize the only thing missing is my babygirl."

"Save it Shun! Do you think me having a daughter at the age of 23 my plan? I practically went through hell while I was pregnant! I got married to a man, her father who ran off to be with another woman and have a family. I took every dime I had and through it into my business and I've been blessed to make millions. You don't choose when you want to be a parent! I could never in my life leave my babygirl for a dream that might never come true. You're damn near 50 and still chasing a dream and now that I'm damn near 30 you want to be a parent?"

"I'm sorry babygirl. Please forgive me. And I didn't know you had a daughter or was married or had a business."

"You miss out on a lot when you're gone. I forgive you but I don't think I can allow you back in to hurt me. I fully forgive you."

"Okay how about this. Weekly lunches and we can go from there? Please Willow?"

"Okay that sounds fine."

I pay for the drinks and I leave to meet Justin at the Gym for his fight.

I come in and sit to watch the match and yes my man wins!

After the match

"Hey babygirl."

"Hey baby! I'm so proud of you."

"Let's get home so you can show me."

"Okay and we have to pick up babygirl from G and his wife's house."