Chapter 31

Willow

"Good morning beautiful."

"Hey G. How was the guest bedroom?"

"Maannnn Low your house is beautiful. I am so proud of you. I have something for you."

He reaches from behind his back and gives me a box.

"G! Oh my Gosh! This is beautiful! Thank you."

I hug him and he kisses me, I try to pull away at first but my heart wouldn't let me.

"Remember I said that when my divorce was final, I would take you out on a real date?"

"Yes but I didn't think you were serious."

"Well I am very serious. Willow will you please go on a lunch date with me? I have to take into consideration that you work. I will cook dinner for you tonight. So will you go?"

"Okay G. I will go."

"Great! Okay well I will let you get ready for work and I will pick you up for our lunch date."

"Okay see you then G."

He leaves out of my room and I hop out of the shower to get ready. I put on my clothes and flat iron my hair.

"Well this will have to do  until I pick up my laundry and wash clothes

"Well this will have to do until I pick up my laundry and wash clothes."

I head downstairs and grab a protein shake and head for the door.

I pull up to the shop and I head to the new receptionist.

"Good morning! So anybody late today?"

"Tina showed up an hour late to her appointment so I rescheduled her client for you. She will be back in 30 minutes."

"Okay and my other appointments today?"

"You have her and 3 more today. I spaced them out so you will have 30 minutes to take a break."

"Okay. Thank you hun. Please let everyone know that I want to have a meeting after work before closing."

"Okay. I will let them know."

"Jen can you set up for my client she is getting a full sew in with closure."

"Okay bosslady! I'm on it. I also checked at the warehouse and everything is running smoothly. Your book sales are up by 40%"

"Oh My GOD! Thank you God! Thanks for checking for me Jen."

I go in my office to check my sales and commission stats. Then come back to get started on my client.

After I finish my client up, Gerald walks up to me.

"Hey beautiful." He hands my flowers and I hug him.

"Hey handsome. How are you?"

"I'm fine, now that I am with you. You ready to go?"

"Yeah let's go."

"Good because I have good news."

I tell my receptionist that I am going on lunch and get in the car with G. It feels so good to go on a real date again with someone that I can truly say, wants nothing from me. He reaches down and holds my hand until we pull up to the valet. We get out of the car and head inside. The lady seats us in a dark candlelight booth. We order appetizers and wine and she brings those back.

"Are you guys ready to order your 2nd course?"

"Yes I will have the surf and turf with broccoli and loaded cauliflower mash please."

"I will have the same."

She takes our menus and walks away.

"So you would bring me to my favorite place huh."

"That's the advantage I have over any man who has dated you Willow. We were friends first babygirl."

"So what's the good news?"

"I know you didnt have to let me hog your guestroom but I do thank you. I have put my deposit down on a townhouse and I will be moving in Monday."

"Oh my God G! That is so good. I am so proud of you."

"I have good news as well. My book sales are up by 40%"

"I am so proud of you woman. You are showing girls that come from where we came from, that anything is possible. You are a shero Willow."

"Thank you G. You have been there through everything."

"I've been there because I loved you Willow. I have always loved you woman. It just took a lot of things to transpire for me to recognize my feelings. It took me going through a woman cheating on me and lying on me and pointing out my angel who has been there all the time. That's you Willow."

I smile and just look at him because for the first time I can feel his heart. I know I am going to take things slow. No more jumping and rushing and the fact that he wants his own place and not to be in mine is amazing.

We finish our dinner and head back to the shop. He walks me to the shop door and hug me.

"This is different for the both of us Willow but I believe God created you for me. We pray together, cry together and know each other in and out. This is going to work out if we keep God first."

"You're right Gerald."

I kiss him and walk inside.

Thank you for reading Is Love Enough!!! Book 3 is out now! I also put book 1 back up you guys!