Chapter 23

Willow

"Babygirl! You have to come out of this room. You have been in here for 3 weeks. You have a business, a child and another one on the way. That man hurt you but he didn't break you. You are a fighter and you always have been."

              Granny continues to rub my head. As I lay there listening to her words, I began to think back to Alex and how I should have seen it coming. I was too busy thinking life is a damn fairy tale. I sensed something going on when I first met Angel but I tried to trust my man and believe everything he was telling me. Like a lot of women, I was stupid. I just thought this time would be different. I think I rushed it with Justin out of hurt. I was over Alex but the way things transpired once he came back, opened a wound I thought was closed. I felt like someone pulled it back open and squeezed a lemon on it. Then I fell head over heels for an asshole. This nigga cheated on me during my product and book launch. Who does that? The sad part is, it was with Crystal. I thought she was my damn friend. Neither one of them knew that I knew. Crystal found out and quit the next day so now I have an empty station and I am very picky about who I hire. I guess I am not picky enough. I know Granny is trying her best but right now I just really need her to shut up! I know I have a business  and a child. This is crazy!

"Do you hear me babygirl?"

"Mama I hear you but I literally just want to be left alone. I am a good person. I go to church, I treat people nicely, I have a charity, I donate to the boys and girls clubs, I volunteer, I forgive people who were never even sorry! Why me mama? Why is everything always happening to me?"

I began to cry harder and harder.

"Baby, God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. Why not you baby? Look around. Did you ever think you would be blessed to have any of this? Or anything of those things you have named? You are beyond blessed because you do those things. I didn't raise a quitter. Get your ass out of that bed and handle your business like I taught you."

She kisses my forehead and walks out of my room. She is right though. I get out of the bed and begin to thank God for everything and head to the bathroom.

 I get out of the bed and begin to thank God for everything and head to the bathroom

I get dressed and straighten my hair. I cannot let anyone think a man stopped my glow. I am coming back all the way on. I do my makeup and head down to the kitchen.

"Mommy!!!"

"Hey my baby!" I kiss all over Alexa's cheeks.

"You want to go to work with mommy?"

"Yes!!!"

"Okay. Go get your bag and we can go."

She runs upstairs to get her bag and granny comes over to me and hugs me.

"Somebody got her groove back."

We both laugh as babygirl comes back.

"Ready mommy!"

I get on the phone and call Jen to let her know that I need her to round my stylists up for a meeting and that i would be there in 15 minutes.

We pull up and I head inside.

"Hey bosslady!"

"Hey ladies. Babygirl, go into my office and you can play in there. I will be in there in a few."

I turn to the ladies.

"Meeting Room ladies. Jen monitor the front and  if the clients come in, tell them it wont be long. Make sure babygirl is okay. This will not take long."

"Got it."

I walk to the meeting room and wait for the ladies to take their seat.

"Good morning you guys. You know I have treated you guys like my close family from day one. I have also been an awesome boss and have paid a lot of bills for you guys. I have given you guys so much of me and literally had time for myself. As you all know Crystal is no longer working here do to personal reasons. Some of you might know why but I chalk it up to the game. From now on this ship will be ran a little tighter. I am still the same Willow and will still help you ladies but things are about to change. You guys want commission? You have to sale products. I literally have to hire a new receptionist as well because she was lying for you guys and commission pay out did not match sales. I let that go on for a while but I realized that you guys were basically robbing me to my face. That is disrespectful. From now on, you guys will have a clock in and it will be right beside my office door. I expect you guys to be in thirty minutes  to an hour before your first client comes in for the day. I will be checking clock in and the appointment schedule. If you are going to be late for any reason, and it's over 30 minutes, your client will be passed to me and you owe me the consultation fee. Got it?"

"Got it Low. I thought it was something bad girl. You know we got you. That is more than reasonable anyway." *Lex

Everyone leaves out of the office and Lexi stays behind. As soon as the door closes she hugs me.

"It's going to be okay sis."

"Is it bad that I am also crying about Alex as well?"

"Hell no! Everything you have been through? You deserve a good cry. You know I am here for you mamas."

"I know. How is Ashton?"

"He is good. We are currently trying for baby number two. You inspired us to try again."

"Hell. I wasn't even trying and now i have two miracle babies. What a damn life."

"Sis Alex is filing for divorce from Angel. It's been over 90 days so he can't get it annulled. He even got a restraining order against her and told me to tell you that he want to meet you for lunch to talk."

"I guess. I don't have anything to do other than scout for a receptionist and a new stylist on ig. Tell him to meet me at Outback. I am craving a steak so freaking bad."

We walk out of the Meeting room and back downstairs.