Fighting

Sans pov

The motel room was mostly the same as the others. One bed against the wall, one bath with a sink shower and toilet, a lamp on a nightstand, and some floor space with a stained rug.

Neither Frisk and I were tired, so we grabbed the pillows on the bed and placed them on the ground. We sat in front of one another so I could explain some more of Gatser and my past in the lab as promised. She seemed excited to know more about me. Funny thing is I dread all of it, but I do my best to keep my head high and keep a smile on my face.

"Okay." Frisk started. "You were saying that you couldn't peice two and two together. Now you have it...so what was it?"

I laid back putting my all weight on my arms to keep me up getting ready to explain. "Well when I was working on the quantum theory with Gaster, I stopped working with Alphys on the souls. Alphys didn't know this at the time, but I kinda wish I told her so she could tell me about the whole reset bit and what not."

Frisk looked a little impatient about me getting off track.

"Anyway. I guess Alphys didn't think it was a huge deal and decided not to tell me. So that's why I never learned it was the soul that was the problem."

She furrowed an eyebrow. "There was a problem?"

I nodded. "Timelines were jumping back and forth. Anomalies were out of whack and I was in charge of solving it. I manage to learn they were called resets. I figured it out when I started to get deja vu a lot."

"So your saying that Resets are when you can go back in time?"

"Something like that yes. No one remembers anything either." I started to drift off. "Well your not supposed to anyway."

Frisk seemed a little confused by that statement but just kinda shrugged it off. Her eyes then went big as she just had some sort of epiphany.

"Wait...Blue said that they're trying to bring someone back with this machine. So if my soul can reset, and he's using it on a machine to bring someone back...then who's he trying to bring back."

I my fist tense up. The memory's were kinda hard to bring up, but if Frisk is risking her life like this for Papyrus, then mine as well stop lying...to a point.

"Himself. A long time ago he fell in the core, a power source for the underground, and was erased from time and existence. No one remembers him. Only me."

"That's why Alphys is the- or should I say was, the royal scientist. I was wondering of that." I nodded and made a sound of agreement. It's kinda nice to let some of this go free, but I'm still yelling at myself for telling a girl I only met few days ago. I never told Papyrus any of this and I know I should, but I never really wanted him to know of who I was.

"Sans?" Frisk said knocking me out of my thoughts. "Yeah?"

"You spaced out. You okay?" Frisk asked putting hand down. "Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking."

Frisk placed a pity smile on her face, but immediately put her thinking cap back on. "So let me get this down..."

I chuckled a little. She gave me a sneering glare with a little bit of a smirk in it. "Whats so funny?"

I smiled. "You are. You just ask to many questions, and then when you get them, you clarify them." I chuckled some more. 

Frisk crossed her arms with condensing smirk. "Not my fault you don't explain things well." I shrugged. "Not my fault you don't speak my language. Besides, every girl loves the mysterious character." I wink with a condescending look back.