Hidden Fears

Sans Pov

"Why didn't we take these short cuts before!?" Frisked screamed into my making me almost deaf. She was on my back, keeping close so I could take her along with me on my magic ride. I sighed in annoyance still pissed that she had these little episodes where she basically dies for a second then comes back to life like it was nothing. But I guess I can't blame her. Now I know how Papyrus feels.

"Because I wanted to search everywhere. Using my 'shortcuts' is a risk for him knowing where I am. But this is an acceptation. I want him to know what we're about to do. If the bastard's drunk enough, he won't be able to get a hold of whoever might be in there." I let her jump down from my back. 

"You stink of ketchup." She gave me a disgusted look. I only smiled and turned around towards the tall building before us. We were back in Hotlands, along with the famous MTT resort. Somewhere in this town was the casino, along with a used to be indoor amusement park. But that has to be long gone now. Walking past it seemed weird. I never normally go past this point. Never had a reason to. Gambling was never my thing. 

"Because I haven't washed this coat in a while. Besides, its way better then the men's cologne they have up at the surface. It smells like dog and cat piss mixed together." I only heard her laugh back to that instead of making a snarky remark. At least we're getting back to what we used to be. One step at a time Sans. 

"So where is this Casino anyway?" Frisk asked. I pointed past the all the flashing lights and tall buildings that made Hotlands one big light source. Some of them were tall enough to touch the walls that split the surface and this hole. Others were tall, but as tall. There's no good explanation. All of them had different colors. Pink mostly, but blue and yellow and even bright green. They all shined and sparkling clean. Looking at it made me sick with all the bright colors blinding you with its neon patches. 

The Casino was no different. It was a big dome that was a mix of all colors, and had a glass roof that let the strobe lights of neon colors shine through the outside. That place never changed. 

"There." It was only a few blocks away. We could get there before happy hour. Or with the way Frisk keeps stopping to look at the little nick knacks, a little bit after. 

The streets were packed with  humans walking around, buying these useless items from greedy monsters looking for some cash to probably pay the humans that own them. The place has turned into business for Monsters to keep a roof over there head. When getting closer, the place was surrounded by just Humans and no monsters. Only one I saw was a tour guide showing the famous Casino the famous Mettaton himself owns, to a bunch of tacky tourist humans amazed by the structures around them and hearing the history of our horrible prison. 

I looked over to Frisk, who seemed amazed by the great building that laid before her. I let out a small chuckle. By the look of her face, I was too loud. "What was that for?" She gave me a cocky smile while crossing her arms. She must be hot in that sweater. 

"It's just funny to see you moved by all of this. It makes me sick seeing of these flashing neon colors." I looked up at the dome. It was so tall you couldn't even see the glass roof, just the beaming colors. "Well you may be tired of seeing things like this, but the only flashing colors I've ever seen is fireworks. And we don't have these bright and colorful towns on the surface, just fancy buildings with plain colors with flashing signs." She walked in front, then stood in front of me. Her arms crossed and her cocky smile plastered on her face. 

I hate it.

I sighed and admitted defeat. "Alright. So you haven't seen stuff like these, but I'm sure you've at least seen a Casino." I gave her back her cocky smile and crossing arms, mocking her. She rolled her eyes. "Iv'e seen them. Can't go inside them. But knowing a place like this I bet I can go inside them even if I am eighteen."