Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

*Elsie*

Songs-

Thinking Out Loud- Ed Sheeran

Good Riddance (Time of your life) - Green Day

Wake Me Up When September Ends- Green Day

My head is pounding in my ears as I lay against the soft pillows. As soon as Harry turned out the light nearly an hour ago tears were engulfing my eyes. I didn't sob or cry but silent tears ran down my cheeks as Harry's arm was wrapped securely around me.

I need help.

I could ask what I've become.

But I won't.

I know what I am. And that just happens to be broken.

Harry moves slightly behind me and I close my eyes hoping he doesn't see I'm awake. The sticky streams of water are burning on my cheeks and delicate fingers brush over them.

"Elsie." Harry sighs and I swallow before turning to look at him.

"Yeah?" I say quietly.

"Try and sleep love." He drags his thumb sunder my eyes and swipes away the tears.

"I did." I sigh, "I just can't, I'm sorry if I woke you." I close my eyes tight.

"You didn't wake me." He presses his lips to the tip of my nose, "I was waiting for you to fall asleep and you never did." In the dark room all I can see is the outline of his shining eyes.

"Harry. You don't need to." I said quietly, "I'm fine."

"I'm worried about you." He says and suddenly I'm writhing in irony. He's worried now? What about all the other times? "I always am." He kisses my forehead and the last of my tears leak from my eyes.

"It's alright I'm just- me." The weight of the word is currently resting on my shoulders as Harry looks into my eyes. Even through the dark I can the green in his eyes staring into mine.

"Tell me." He moves impossibly closer, "Tell me exactly what's wrong."

"Harry it's okay really let's just go to sleep." I sigh.

"Elsie when I said I wanted to help I wasn't lying." He snakes his arm around my waist and holds me so his hands can travel up and down my spine soothingly, "I want to be your knight in shining armor."

I bury my head in his neck and press my lips to the soft skin as he chuckles.

"Thanks." I murmur through the unknown emotions running like poison.

"I love- this." He sputters as I curl up against him.

"Me too." I say even though my ribs are aching along with my head and my raw eyes. My body is still rigid from my aching muscles and even simply laying here in someone's arms is difficult.

"Sleep, love." Harry says kissing my forehead.

"I can't." I groan as I shift onto my back, "Do you have any ibuprofen?"

"Are you in pain?" His eyes flash with worry.

"I'm just a little soar." I say smiling reassuringly.

"Okay I'll be right back." He slips from the covers and suddenly the warmth around me is gone. I close my eyes and try to think of anything else but my problems.

Alex, Jane, and now... Emilia.

Not to mention that Mary knows my secrets, Jen and Mara are in a puddle of tears and haven't even a clue that their daughter is being beaten in school, and I'm hopelessly falling for Harry... there's no point in hiding it.