Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

*Harry* (mhmm)

Songs-

All Alright- Fun.

Hoy Hey- Lumineers

Best Shot- Birdy and Jaymes Young

What You Wanted- One Republic

My lips press to hers softly and the feeling sends a strange feeling into my Heart. I can feel her lip quiver as she fights the tears aching to pour through her lashes. How could I have done this to her? To this beautiful girl in front of me.

In my peripheral I can see a fuming girl with her teeth clenched as she shakes her head. She really hates me. I can't blame her though, I hurt her friend on a daily basis.

This is what I was always afraid of.

Letting myself care about someone.

Letting someone care about me.

Purely for the reason that now I can hurt someone without laying I finger on them- and what's worse... She could hurt me.

I feel her pull away and I bite my lip as I lean back to stand upright.

Her eyes are full of tears and she still clutches a burning cigarette in her hand. She shakes her head and drops the small stick onto the ground before stomping it out.

"You should go." She croaks standing and adjusting herself against the low wall.

"What?" I ask as my heart cracks and my eyes widen just the slightest.

"I just can't do it." The raven haired girl next to her smirks triumphantly before crossing her legs and glaring at me. She really hates me, "I want to be with you Harry." Wait what? She wants to be with me? "I mean like I want to be able to walk down the hall with you without being afraid of being beaten, I want to be happy." Her voice shakes as she plays with her fingers nervously, "All I want is to be happy."

She looks off into the distance and I can see her eyes darting around as her brain fucks with her. I've noticed how that happens. She scares herself with her thoughts and then she'll hurt herself because of it.

I'm not saying it's all in her head.

Because god knows it's not.

But her brain will work her in circles until she's exhausted and pissed and the misery is too much to bare.

"We should go." The girl- Violet? Maybe... said taking her hand and standing to lead her away, "The bell is gonna ring any minute."

"Yeah." Elsie's voice is small as she tucks loose strands of hair behind her ear. Her eyes are so beautiful under the midday sky and all I want to do is kiss away the sad line that her lips curve into.

How could I have done this to such a beautiful creature?

How could I have left her to be hurt?

What the fuck is wrong with me.

"Elsie." I say quickly, grabbing her pale hand.

She flicks her gaze to me and raises her eyebrows encouraging me to speak. I didn't really think she would listen. She's stubborn sometimes.