Chapter eleven

"Sylvia had a baby!" I yelled when I entered the house.

"Who?" Sodapop answered.

"Sylvia! The skanky grease that cheated on Dallas she was pregnant!"

"Dallas calm down-" Ponyboy began but I interrupted him.

"I'll be right back!" I yelled and ran down the street. At this point, I was thankful I had began buying different clothes than I did back in Texas. I had on my black high tops and a black t-shirt and jean shorts. I would have never wore this before but now I loved it.

"Jay!" I shouted once I reached the video store. "Jay!"

"Dallas what's wrong?" He asked after entering from the back room.

I didn't waste time. Just flung my arms around him and kissed him hard.

"I don't care that you're going to have to leave soon. Okay I like you. I like you a lot and I want to kiss you so damn it I'm going to and I ain't going to worry about the future. I just want to live right now."

"That doesn't sound like you." He said in his sweet cute voice.

"It is now Jay. I'm changing. This town is changing me. You know the whole mystery of my father and Dally Winston?"

"Yeah."

"I'm getting somewhere Jay, I'm really getting somewhere."

His face was a mixture of sadness and joy, I was confused but I didn't ask. I just kissed him again. This time he kissed me back equally passionate. His hands grabbed my thighs and lifted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he set me in the counter so we were in the same position as last time. The making out got hotter and he slowly started kissing my neck and then moved to my chest and back to my lips. I pulled away slightly so that we were no longer kissing but still pressed against each other.

"I have a question." I stated.

"Anything."

"Is there a book store around here? Or anywhere that I can find an old yearbook?" I asked knowing it was a long shot.

He chuckled and walked into the back room. When he came back out he was holding an old annual. "This was my father's." He said kindly handing it to me.

"Jay you're the best!" I kissed him once again and then started to leave.

"You're kind of a mystery aren't you Dallas?"

That took me off guard. But for some reason that question stuck with me.

"I'm a mystery?"

"Yeah you are." He grinned and I grinned back. I'm not sure why but being a mystery didn't seem like such a bad thing at this point.

"I'll see you around Jay." And with that I left the store.

"Dallas." I heard Tuck call.

"Why are you always here when I am? You following me Tuck?" I laughed and he rolled his eyes.

"No way, just walking you home. This place can be kind of dangerous."

"And why do you care? You barely know me?" I laughed again.

"I know know you better than you think Dallas." He threw his cigarette on the ground and stopped it out.

"Well I don't know you at all."

"Maybe you do and you just don't know it." He replied in his witty tone.

I stopped and looked at him. I studied him, he seemed so familiar. And not familiar as in I had known him for a few months but more familiar.

"This is it." He said once we arrived at my house. "The ole Curtis place."

"Tuck, maybe we should see each other more. You're a pretty interesting guy and I'd like to be friends with you. Not just walking buddies."

"I thought we already were friends?" He said sarcastically and then smirked at me.

"I'll see ya around Tuck." And then I entered my house wondering why he seemed so damn familiar.