Chapter thirteen

"How is this possible? You're-you're dead!" I could feel the warm tears fall down my face quickly.

"I know." He whispered.

"Explain!" I yelled. I lifted up the picture. "This." I pointed at Tuck. "This is Tuck! Who is it really?"

"Dallas. That's Dally Winston." I felt my stomach turning itself upside down. I thought about the last conversation we had when he took me home.

"I know know you better than you think Dallas." He threw his cigarette on the ground and stopped it out.

"Well I don't know you at all."

"Maybe you do and you just don't know it."

"Where is he? Where is Dallas right now?" I begged Johnny for the answer.

"Probably right outside." He answered and I ran to find him. For the first time he wasn't there. He wasn't there to walk me home. I ran across the park and kept running away from my home. Taking random turns until I couldn't run anymore.

"Where are you!" I screamed. I fell to my knees crying.

"Please! I just want to understand." I had opened a gate that I couldn't close. I screamed and cried over and over again in the middle of the road. It began to get dark. There was a large tree and a hill right in front of me. I continued screaming out to the heavens.

"Where the hell are you Winston!" My voice was bitter and evil. I didn't understand why out of all times why he decided to run now. And it clicked. It all clicked. I solved the mystery.

"Face me! I know the truth now!" I screamed and I knew that he couldn't hide from this. This was bigger than both of us.

"Dallas." He said in the calmest tone he'd ever used.

"You're Dallas Winston." I said not giving him any time to explain. "I get it. It all makes sense now."

He stood there looking at me. With a certain amount of guilt and sadness that didn't fit his his whatsoever.

"It makes sense." I repeated. "Why he named me Dallas. Why I look nothing like my father. Why you're here." I began to get choked up.

"Why my dad hid so much from me. Why you were here. Why I look like you." I stuttered and then found my words again. "The baby that Sylvia had. She gave it to the father's friend to raise." I starred at him and looked back at me. "That was my dad. That was Darrel Curtis."

"You're my father."