Chapter eighteen

*One year later*

"Sodapop! There's a letter from Dallas!" Ponyboy yelled once he had shut the door after receiving the letter from the mailman.

Sodapop walked into the living room and sat next to his brother reading the letter.

To my dearest uncles,

I can't believe Cherry names her son Dallas. That name is quite popular in Tulsa. I know that in our last few letters we have discussed a time when I could stop by. I'm sorry to say that I don't know when that time will be. Hawaii has been epic. The scenery is indescribable. I hope that someday you can both see this place. Princeville is possibly my favorite part of Kauai. I have visited all of the islands but Kauai is by far my favorite. It is just a perfect combination of everything I adore. I went cliff diving at queens bath last weekend with my boyfriend Kaarlee. His name means free man. It's very fitting for him. He and I have been seeing each other for a while now. I like him a lot and I know he would be a great husband someday. He and I are very similar. However it isn't going to work out after all. Probably because I left Hawaii. Open the door.

-Dallas is home

"What?" Ponyboy called out in confusion.

"Open the door!" I yelled from the outside. The door flung open and my uncles stood there in shock. It had been over four years since I had seen them. Sodapop was first to hug me. He lifted me into the air and spun me around.

"You're home! Oh my goodness Dallas Curtis you're home!" He yelled and Ponyboy fought to take me from him.

"I missed you both." I said once they put me down.

"What brought you home?" Ponyboy asked in all seriousness. They had tried everything in their power to convince me to come home.

I turned and looked over my shoulder. For a split second I took it all in. I remembered Johnny and Dallas and my father. And I smiled.

"This is home." I answered. "Eventually the wind stops. I'm here to stay."