Rival • MiNayeon

Requested by:  JamlessChim024
---

Nayeon sighed as she saw the result of their test in the bulletin board. Her rival in everything beat her this time.

"It's okay Nayeon, you'll beat Mina next time." Jeongyeon said because she knows how competitive her best friend is

Mina is Nayeon's rival in everything. Literally everything. Academics, vocals, dance and even popularity. And what annoys Nayeon the most, is that Mina can win against her effortlessly while her on the other hand, works hard for everything.

"Mina wins this time."

"I still like Nayeon more."

"I like them both equally."

"Same. Because they're both great."

Students around them started whispering, oblivious about Nayeon's presence.

"Let's go to our class?" Jeongyeon suggested and Nayeon nodded in agreement

When they took their seat, Nayeon took a glimpse of Mina. They're classmates in their first class.

Mina is sleeping on her desk and it made Nayeon more annoyed. Mina always sleeps in their class whenever there is no teacher around while Nayeon studies by her own whenever she have time.

Nayeon practices her vocal with Jeongyeon and Jihyo. She focuses on hitting the notes. But somehow, no matter how great she hit the notes, people still like Mina's soft voice more than hers.

Nayeon joined the dance club of Momo just to polish her dancing skills. She thought that she's already great but when she danced with Mina, even her was amazed by the ballerina's dancing skill.

In short, Nayeon does her very best to enhance to skills and talents while Mina does nothing like that. She'd rather sleep or play games than to tire herself with all that.

And in popularity, Nayeon always entertain her fans to keep her popularity. Whenever she go out, she always put on make up so she'll look beautiful in everyone's eyes even though she already is. Whenever she see a fan of hers, she'll always flash her bunny smile. And she never forgets to take a selca and post it her social media.

While Mina, once again, does nothing like that but still is popular. See the difference?

---

Dismissal...

"I have to go first. My sister and I have a date." Jeongyeon said

"Me too. I have a performance today." Jihyo said

And thus, Nayeon was left alone. She doesn't want to go home yet so she decided to go to the rooftop. But what she didn't expect, Mina was also there. Laying on the ground, using her bag as her pillow while playing a game on her phone.

Mina turned around when she saw Nayeon and Nayeon's heart skipped a beat when they made an eye contact.

"What are you doing here?" Mina asked and put down her phone

"Nothing... What are you doing here?" Nayeon asked back

"This is my resting place because students don't usually go here. So why are you here?"

Nayeon closed the door and walked towards Mina. "YOUR resting place? Says who?"

Mina chuckled and sat down. "I just said so, didn't you hear me?"

Nayeon rolled her eyes and also sat down on the ground, a little distant to Mina.

The two was quiet to the point that they can hear the wind. Mina noticed that Nayeon was a little down so she decided to break the silence.