Dance Comp

Due to the dance classes you were attending, there was a show tonight at which you were to preform.
You were really nervous but Julia and the boys were coming to support you which made you feel more at ease however you still didn't want to mess up in front of them.

As Julia was at work, she was planning to pick you up at the flat along with the boys. You grabbed your necessities as finished getting ready. You wore a black leotard and tights along with a black dress on top. You touched up your makeup and rushed out the door as Julia already arrived outside.

You jumped into the passenger seat and greeted Julia and the others. You looked to the back and saw Rye sat on Mikey.
"There weren't enough seats so we had to adjust" he laughed as you shook your head sarcastically and turned back to face the front.

You arrived at the Theatre where the show was taking place. You take a deep breath before scrambling out. Rye wraps his arm around your shoulder as you walk to the door. It was still early so they would have to wait in the waiting hall as you practiced in the dance studio. The nerves were finally hitting you. You're a perfectionist so your biggest fear is getting it wrong. The first dance you were performing was a contemporary group piece to the song "Lovely" by Billie Eilish and Khalid. You practiced in the studio to make sure you were confident. From time to time, you'd reply to Rye who was texting you out of boredom. You had spare time so you decided to visit Julia, Rye and the rest of the guys in the waiting hall. You spotted them sat in one corner, crowded round looking at some video. You run over and say hello. The boys hug you and wish you luck. Julia gives you a tight hug before pulling you away and whispering motivation.
"You can do it Klaud, I'll probs cry knowing me. Anyway you'll smash it gorg" she smiles and you head back to the studio.

Finally it was almost time for you to head on stage for your opening group dance. You tried to keep calm as you lined up backstage. You heard your names being called which was the cue for you to start. You and your friend shot each other a look with widened eyes. You gently run onto the stage as the lights darken to take your positions.

Rye was eagerly looking out for your silhouette as he nervously played with his rings. Julia was already smiling.
"Should I run on and join in" Brooklyn whispered to Julia and laughed. She shook her head, not breaking her smile.

The lights come up which were shining a purple and blue to create a darkened atmosphere. This dance was slow and full of a lot of feelings as it told a story. It finished with you laid out on the floor with your arms aligned either side of you. You had one leg bent at the knee. The audience clapped and cheered as the music faded.

Rye was so proud of you as were the rest. Julia was hyping you up to Rye and you swiftly walked off stage to prepare for your next dance. This one was to "Icon" by Jaden Smith. It was a cool routine with an edge. You were excited to perform it as it was your favourite.

It was still a group dance however there were less of you this time. There was a 5 minute break to give you time to prepare.

"She was so good" Julia smiled.
"I want to go and do my dance" Mikey chuckled.
"Do it, come on. Now" Rye prompted.
You laugh as the lights begin to dim again, signalising the next dance to begin.

You run on and take your position which varied from dancer to dancer. The music faded on as you changed positions. You began to dance as Julia and the boys watched, eagerly. You were energetic as the music blasted through the speakers all around the theatre hall. The crowd was just as excited as they moved slightly to the music. At the end, most people stood up as they clapped.
"Yesss that was so good" Julia clapped.
"It would be better with me in it" Rye smirked.
You walked off the stage with added sass to your steps.

You felt accomplished as you prepared yourself for your third and final dance. This was the solo you dreaded the most. It was to the song "Not about angels" and it represented insecurity and growing body confidence. It was a personal dance which you choreographed therefore you were very proud of yourself.
You heard your name called out so you slowly made your way over to the stage. You struggled to open the curtains however you quickly managed to solve the problem and you went to take your starting position.

Julia felt your nerves as she fiddled with the zip on her coat. As you started to dance, your nerves completely disappeared as you focused on the moves. Rye smiled as he watched.
"Can I throw something" Jack whispered. Julia told him to be quiet as she smiled.

The dance came to an end and the audience all clapped and cheered. Everyone was moved by the piece and its meaning. Julia couldn't wipe the smile off her face. Rye was excited to congratulate you and tell you how proud he was. You gathered your things as the group waited for you outside. As you walked out to meet them they all clapped and exaggerated their cheers to embarrass you. You laughed as you ran to Rye and wrapped your arms around his neck.
"Well that was shhhii- really good" he joked as you kissed him quickly.
"I'm so proud omg you smashed it" Julia exclaimed as she hugged you deeply.

The rest of the boys engulfed you in a group hug before you made you way back to the car.
"That was the best thing I've done, I was so nervous though" you confessed to the group as you made your way back home.
You felt fulfilled and proud of yourself as the group supported you greatly. :)