page : eleven

as the n i g h t falls
y o u approach me
quietly, r e m o v i n g
the d a r k n e s s to
w a k e me from my
sleep and l e a v i n g
me through the open
w i n d o w.

- moonlight by exo

21:15, thursday
3rd day of december.

there was nothing but a total silent, yet it is soothing enough to ease a heavy heart. the moon rise in the dark sky as the stars dance through the dark.

the two were currently at the rooftop of their company building, lying at the cold floor while staring at the beautiful night sky.

"you can ask if you're really that curious, you know." said soonyoung, breaking the  silence between them.

he knew that the younger's curious about almost 'everything.'

"i-"

soonyoung sat up, jihoon did the same.

facing each other, the older motioned the younger to go and ask.

"how- i mean, how come you see me while the others can't?" the younger hesitantly asked.

"i don't know? i mean, i told you when it comes to you, i'll always find a way to see, feel and hear you." replied the older.

"i didn't even know it myself, it's just, all that i know is that i see you, that i can feel and touch you." he continued.

"baby, you're still you, you didn't change a bit—our soul may be connected with each other, i guess?" joked the older, shrugging before flashing the latter a smile.

jihoon couldn't help but smile.

"what have you been doing for all those past days?" asked soonyoung, worried.

"it was lonely and empty, i was all alone during those times." replied the younger, his voice telling how he felt during those years.

the older pulled him in a hug as they sat underneath the moonlight.

"sorry that i wasn't there during the time that you needed me the most." whispered the older.

his hushed voice remained as calm as a symphony.

"it's fine, it's not your fault after all." jihoon replied, hugging the older.

soonyoung broke the hug and cupped the cheeks of the younger.

"i miss you, i miss you so damn much that i didn't know what to say now that you're back." soonyoung smiled.

"but aren't you wondering?" asked jihoon.

intertwining their fingers together, the older asked.

"wondering? with what exactly, hm?"

"about what i am, now." replied jihoon.

"you are 'you', why should i wonder about what you are now?" asked soonyoung.

"soonyoung, they buried me, all of the guys witnessed the day i died, you saw that too." jihoon frowned.

"that's why i'm wondering why aren't you asking why i'm in front of you." continued the younger.

"baby, listen up, i don't care whatever 'you' are now, whether you're a ghost, a soul or whatsoever, you are still you, you are still mine and i'm still yours and the only thing that matter is that i love you."

unknowingly, tears rolls down the younger.

"don't cry." soonyoung wiped away the tears from the younger.

"i just, it's just."

soonyoung cutted the younger off, pulling him once again in a hug.

they stay in that position for a couple of minute, enjoying the calming silence and how the moon shines above them.

the stars were shining above them, as if the heaven's glad about something.

jihoon rest his head on the older's chest as the latter embraced him protectively.

the two stare at the night sky.

"i saw seokmin and the other guys." said jihoon, breaking the silence.

humming, soonyoung nodded."what's with the?" he asked.

"i saw seokmin crying." sighed jihoon."and i feel so sorry." he continued.

"young, i'm the reason why they're crying and suffering." tears threatening to fall.

exhaling a breath, soonyoung kissed the top of jihoon's head.

"i know baby, i saw them crying once but not because it's your fault but because we miss you, i miss you, they do too, so don't blame yourself, the other kids miss you so much." replied soonyoung.

"what happened during the time i was gone?" asked jihoon.

pausing for a while, soonyoung muster a small smile. trying to reminisce all the sad memories from two years ago.

"it's been awful baby, the dorm was never loud since the day you've left." soonyoung replied."we've been focusing on our own careers that we didn't have much time to interact with the other guys." he continued.

the younger nodded his head, listening to the choreographer.

"a lot of things had changed."

"the members were trying their best to move on with their lives but seokmin and seungkwan won't just, those punks surely loves you that they can't hide the fact that they can't accept the fact that you left us." soonyoung faintly smile at the memory .

"where's seungkwan? i haven't see him since this morning." said jihoon, staring at the older.

"i didn't know, maybe he's in the new dorm." replied soonyoung.

"new dorm?" asked jihoon.

the older hummed, nodding.

"since the day you left, we keep on missing the old days, so in order for the kids to start new, the president decided to move us to a new dorm so we won't see anything that'll makes us remember you." replied the older.

"i see— but why are you at the old dorm? what are you doing there?" jihoon asked.

"because i believe that one day, you'll find your way back home and that i'll be able to hold you again, that you'll be back and will never leave my side, guess my wishes came true."

jihoon sat up and face the older, smiling genuinely to the older.

"thank you for waiting for me." he breathe out, tears falling once again.

"even if i have to wait a hundred or even a million of years, i'll still wait, i'm willing to take risk and do everything just to be with you again."

soonyoung cupped the latter's cheeks, wiping his tears using his thumb before leaning over to kissed his forehead.

"i always dream about you every night." he kisses the tip of the youngers nose.

"and now that you're back," he trailed off and kisses both cheeks of the younger.

jihoon felt that the butterflies in his stomach had been revived back to life.

soonyoung stare at the younger and smiles, jihoon did the same.

"i'll never let you go, never and ever." and he leaned in to kiss the younger's lips.

everything feels so right, you can feel the longing, the spark from way back.

it feels so right.

under the night sky, while they are in each other's arm, the adrenaline cameback and it just feels so damn right.

no worries.