Chapter 9

I stared blankly after them as Taylor dragged Rauri away and I shook my head vigorously before I went after them. I didn't know what happened to Rauri in the last few years, I could remember when she got braces and glasses for the first time but everything after that seemed like a blur to me. Her long brown hair that I saw for the last few years was gone, she chopped it off as a part of her make over, instead of traveling halfway down her back it was to her shoulders, and she had gotten rid of her glasses and braces. I wouldn't have noticed her if Jason had pointed her out himself and said "hey look there's Rauri!"

"Rauri wait!" I said trying to catch up to them. I passed through a throng of people that blocked my way. I grabbed her shoulder to make her stop when I got within arms reach. Taylor was as ruffled up from my presence as her skirt was. She wanted me to go away and never come back from the angry glare she had in her eyes. If looks could kill, hell even if they couldn't she'd shoot me dead from coming close to Rauri. I leaned down to whisper in Rauri's ear so only she could hear me over the music.

"You look beautiful tonight. Would you take pity on me and dance with me just once before you leave?" I tried to sound smooth but my hear was racing so fast it was hard to focus on not stuttering through the sentence.

She bit her lip, not sure of how to answer the question. She ran her hand through her hair causing me to take an absentminded step closer to her to hold her hand. I caught a glimpse of curiosity in her eyes, whether about the question or me I didn't know. There was a  slight blush forming on her cheek as I took her to the dance floor, on the edge so I could keep her to myself instead of losing her in the huge group of party goers.

"You know there are a lot of girls checking you out right?" She said with a small laugh, pointing out a few girls that were watching us until I turned around to see. Taylor kept her gaze locked on me from upstairs though, making sure I was behaving myself despite my reputation but a few others stealing glances at us.

Rauri was pointing out that girls were looking at me reflected a form of trust because it didn't bother her. Although I decided to step up my game as I noticed guys looking at her. I put my hands on her hips and pulled her closer to me so that I could feel her head on my chest, she blushed deeper as I did so but she never fought to be let go.

The red shirt and heels were working on dirty mind, but what got me was her bare shoulders I couldn't get the picture out of my mind as the song continued. I wanted her alone, but not all for sex, if anything I wanted to kiss her and get her to trust me more, I wanted a relationship but sex wouldn't be so bad either. I took her hands in my mine as we danced to keep her as close to me as possible. We eventually got so close that it was hard to keep calm as I caught the sweet smell of her perfume.

I had never thought of Rauri like this before, I wanted to give her everything just so she'd be happy. I never wanted to let her go, I needed her more than I need the scholarship for college and I wanted her more than I wanted my player reputation. I needed and wanted her instead of any of the girls I could get for an hour then get a different one. Having her close was like completing a puzzle, a sense of completion.

"Asher, the song is over." She said pulling away from me. She looked uncomfortable as girls around us glared at her with an anger that I've never seen from anyone before, not even Taylor. I didn't want the night to end, I wanted to make it last as long as possible.

"We can keep dancing if you like." I know I'd love to keep dancing with her, she filled me with a feeling that I never wanted to lose.

"I don't know if that's a smart choice." She sounded nervous and looked over my shoulder as I felt a hand come on to my right shoulder. I turned to see Jason standing behind me, with a gleam in his eye that made me want to move away from him.

"Dude, you're not going anywhere with my sister! I don't want your reputation anywhere near her!" He said taking my arm and pulling me away. I waved good bye to her, she was biting her lip, looking genuinely upset.

"I just want to have an actual try, she's a freshmen what's it matter?" I asked him.

"She's my sister, that's what matters!"

"If I want to give it an actual try you should be ok with that."

"No because you're going to have sex with her than leave her in tears and I'm not going to let that happen." There was concern in his eyes, it's not that he didn't trust me, he just didn't want to watch his sister get hurt. I couldn't really blame him, I'm sure if I had a sister I wouldn't want some guys hands all over her either.

"I swear I won't, just let me try."

"No, and I don't think even Rauri would fall for your act."

"I'll make a deal with you. If Rauri wants to try with me then you let me and if she doesn't I'll leave her alone." I said out of desperation to try and reason with him. He looked at me with mix of anger and sadness.

"I need to hear her say she wants to and if you hurt her, I can't guarantee our friendship man." I knew how he felt about his family, they were closer than anyone.

"I'll keep you updated and you'll still be around. Don't worry, I won't ruin everything." He rolled his eyes as Nathan caught up with us to leave the party. I got stopped by a couple of girls that were very beautiful, with flirty smiles asking if before I left if they could have a dance. I smiled, my mind was still on Rauri, I said I couldn't stay and apologized before leaving.

"I hope not Ash, I really do." Jason let the venom of his words slip out to show a low tolerance for anything that would hurt his sister.

Jason quickly forgot about his anger as we drove to Nathan's house, the car was filled with music that we were singing to. The tension slowly drifted away with the song as Nathan preformed an air guitar and Jason and I were drumming to the tune. I felt a new feeling creep up on me, realization occurred to me that Rauri might not actually want to try and that my reputation would ruin her before she made it to Sophomore year.

We pulled up to Nathan's house, its blue siding and white shutters greeted us as well as the darkness of the house from no one being home. We split up to get the den ready for the movie marathon and so we could sleep there if we passed out during the movies. I grabbed blankets and pillows while Jason gathered movies and Nathan started making microwave popcorn and opening sodas.

As I sat watching Remember the Titans I realized I'd have to do everything to keep my reputation from getting to Rauri and to do that I had to kill it at the source. If I wanted a real chance with Rauri, I needed to speak to Vanessa to get her to put down my reputation instead of building it up. There was only one way that was going to be possible and I wasn't looking forward to it.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

YAY! I added the plot! That always makes me happy :) So what do you guys think? I know some are having suspicions about Taylor (muhahahahha) oh the power of writing. Guys I would love your comments,  criticism and thoughts. I love reading comments they help me come up with ideas or things to edit to make the story better. Thanks for sticking with me through the spotty updates! I'm honesty trying my best to keep up. And guess what? I brainstormed last night and ya'll are in for some twists! Stay Creative guys <3