Chapter 16

Hey girlies! I hope I did this justice! I had so much fun writing it, I love with characters get snarky ;) Plus this song rocked my writing. For those of you that have waited I REALLY hope I did it well for you and you owe TaylorMonet a big thanks! She's making the covers for my new books that will start after new year and for each other she make I update this book! Enjoy reading!!! <3 Night Stripe

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I had spent all day with Lizz making sure I looked good and got all the things to ask out Rauri. Today was going to be a good day -- I could feel it. According to Jason, Rauri was with friends in Old Town shopping for dresses for a sweet sixteen party that was coming up. Personally I would have loved to watch her try on all different kinds of dresses, but that's just my dirty mind working.

Old Town was what remained after a fire had struck the small town. Jamison Harbor formed around the small town, probably the only thing that saved the whole town from burning to the ground in cinders. Although, now it was more modernized except for 'historical areas' meaning what hadn't been burned or at least completely.

Jason and Nathan had been dragged by Nicole all over the town before I showed up, and even after that she was still pulling them aruond every where. All I could think is she doesn't get out enough if she is this excited to be here.

"Nicole, please sweetheart, can we sit?" Nathan asked, his face blotchy.

 "No! We have so much do to." She said.

"Like what?" Jason asked in a frustated tone of voice.

"There's valentine's day coming up," she said winking at Nathan."Then spring and prom!

 "I thought Valentine's day had already past." Nathan said awkwardly running his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah it did. Swim season has been done for a while. It's almost March, Nikki." Jason said with a shrug off his shoulders.

"How could I miss Valentine's day!?"

"You were too focused on Asher's chance of getting a date." Jason said with a wink and laughter in his voice. Nicole turned her angry eyes on me, blaming me for not being able to celebrate a stupid over commercalized holiday.

"Better question is, why didn't Nathan remember Valentine's day?" I knew I was throwing Nathan under the bus, but if he couldn't control his girlfriend then who could?

"Whoa! Ash, what the hell?" Nathan asked, knowing now he would be the focus of Nicole's anger. I hope he can think fast... "I didn't forget Nicole, remember that was the night I brought over your favorite cake and we watched an NCIS marathon all sunday night?"

Nicole's eye soften, even though I knew she had most likely been feed a shit ton of lies -- best lies a man can tell his girlfriend. Anything to get out of trouble. I know the feeling.

"I'm sorry Nate," she said giving him a big hug. "Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?" She asked with a wink.

That didn't go unnoticed by any of us. Nathan only nodded his head, knowing exactly what he, and every other guy for that matter, wanted.

"We'll be back later, boys." Nicole said taking Nathan by the hand and leading him away.

We had spent the next hour walking around town trying to track Rauri down. We hadn't seen hide or tail of her since we came here.

 I caught the subtle smell of lavender as a group of girls past by Jason and I. It flipped the switch from whatever we had just be talking about to make me turn and look at the girls.