Chapter 14

[[2 Weeks Later]]

The day was finally here, The U.A Sports Festival. The 2 weeks flew by very quickly, accompanied with hardcore training by a tormentor I call my sister.
I pack my bag, stuffing it with extra uniforms for when mine gets torn up. I throw in a few bags of chips for when I'm peckish and head downstairs.
"Good morning, Mom!" I saw my mother making breakfast. My parents had returned from their trip a few days ago. "Hey N/N, (N/N= Nickname) are you ready for today?" She asks. "Yeah, I'm ready to sleep," I groan as I flop onto the couch. "Oh? Is that so?" She says in a sly tone. "Well, we were going to pick up the dogs from Grandma's house after the festival, but if you want to sleep, I guess you can do that too," she smirks. I jolt up and look at my mother. "Wait we're getting the dogs back today?!" I ask in a surprised tone, "I–I wanna come too! I'm not sleepy anymore, see?" I point at my face,widening my eyes. "Okay, Okay," my Mom chuckles. "First have your breakfast," she places a plate of eggs and bacon, alongside a piece of toast. "Thanks Mom!" I say, as I quickly shove down the food. "Don't forget! We'll be picking you up after the festival, and we'll all be watching so do your best N/N!" My Mom says in a cheery tone as I jog to the front door. "Okay! See you soon. Love you!" I shout as I leave the house.

I had to walk to school from now on as my quirk was apparently "too flashy" and would "cause an unnecessary commotion," as said by Aizawa-sensei.
I was looking at my phone while walking until I accidentally bumped into someone.
'Why do I keep on bumping into people nowadays?!' I mentally facepalm.
"S-sorry about that," I bow down with an apologetic look until I heard an oh-so-familiar tone.
"Watch where you're going bitch!" My face contorts into a frown. "Oh hey look! It's Mr. I'm-so-cool-that-I-walk-with-the-speed-of-a-fucking-turtle." I say with one hand on my hip. "Shut up bitch! It's not my fault your fat ass was glued to your fucking phone!" Katsuki shouts in his usual tone. I quickly change the subject, "H-hey! We're going to be late. Let's go!" I grab his arm and run forward.

We end up reaching extra early, becoming the first few students to reach. We head to the prep room assigned to our class, 1-A. I plug my earphones in, find a seat and sit down. Mere moments later, I feel my earphones getting pulled out. "What the fuck are you doing bitch?" Katsuki asks. "I'm prepping myself," I see him glance at the phone, then at me. "By watching anime.." I tell him in a monotone voice. He glares at me for a while, then rolls his eyes and turns around to go back to his seat, murmuring profanities.
Slowly, students start pouring into class, few greeting each other, few actually prepping for the festival. Once everyone had come in, everybody started discussing between themselves.
"Is everyone good and ready?! The festival is about to begin!!" Iida shouts
"Wish I coulda worn my costume, but they weren't allowed to make the event fair," Mina says.
Suddenly, I hear the faint but familiar voice of Shouto. "Midoriya." He says in his monotone voice. I glance at Midoriya then back at Shouto.
"Todoroki.. what is it?" Midoriya asks
"Objectively speaking, I'm stronger than you. More capable."
"Huh? S-sure"
"All Might's got his eye on you, doesn't he?"
'I see where this is going..' I think to myself.
"Now I'm not about to pry into why that is but..I will beat you."
"Ooh, a declaration of war from the strongest in class?!" Kaminari comments.
Kirishima tried to prevent Shoto's declaration only to be cut off by him.
"I really don't care. I'm not pretending I be anyone's friend here."
"....!" I gasp. "Am I though? No... I'm not pretending. But... he's right. I can't lead them on." I think.
"Todoroki.. I don't know why you felt the need to tell me you'd beat me, you're clearly stronger and I can't measure up to most of the students here in terms of skill. Objectively speaking even..." Midoriya says
"Don't be so negative Midoriya, no need—" Kirshima starts, only to be cut off by Midoriya. "But! Everyone... even the kids from the other courses are aiming for the top and I... I don't plan to fall behind! I'm going for it too! With everything I've got!

[[TIME SKIP]]

'That's right! I'm going to do my very best too! I'm not going to fall behind either.' I think to myself as we start heading towards the stadium.

As we line up in the stadium, Present Mic starts his commentary.
"IT'S U.A'S SPORTS FESTIVAL!! THE ONE TIME EACH YEAR WHEN OUR FLEDGLING HEROES COMPETE IN A RUTHLESS GRAND BATTLE!! FIRST UP! YOU KNOW WHO IT IS!! THE MIRACULOUS (A/N Miraculous! Simply the best! Lololololol I'm going now byee) RISING STARS WHO BRUSHED OFF A VILLAIN ATTACK WITH THEIR STEELY WILLPOWER!! THE FIRST YEARS OF THE HERO COURSE!! ITS CLASS 1-A!!! He announces.
"Woah...what a crowd.." Midoriya says in a queasy tone.
"And we're supposed to put on the best performance we can in front of so many spectators." Iida concludes. "Gee, thanks for the motivation Iida," I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. "But I haven't said anything to motivate you, L/N." He says, his hands slightly waving around in robotic motions. "Jeez..." I sweatdrop.
Present Mic then introduces the other classes, including the General Studies course which Shinsou is in, the Support course and the Business course.
"Now for the Athletes Oath!!" The popular, R-rated Hero, Midnight says.
"Ooh, the first years ref is Midnight this time!"
"What about the principal?"
"He's always assigned to the 3rd years"
Katsuki gets chosen for the Athletes Oath as he was apparently first in the entrance exam for the hero course.
"The Athletes Oath.." Katsuki starts.
"Oh God, I swear he's going to say something stupid as hell." I mumble loud enough for a few of my classmates to hear.
"Make no mistake about it!! I'm going to place first!!" I shove my face into my hands, shaking my head.
Everyone starts shouting, expressing their obvious anger at the ash-blonde student's comment.

After Katsuki walks back to where our class is, Midnight starts explaining. "Now, without any delay let's get the first event started! These are the qualifiers! It's at this stage that so many get sent home crying every year!! And the fateful first event this year is..." everyone looks at the screen with anticipation. "THIS!" She says as she points to the screen displaying the words in big, bold letters.
"AN OBSTACLE COURSE RACE...!"
.
.
.
.
.
Hey Guys! I'm back with a new chapter!!! I wasn't able to update because I had writers block and guests after guests staying over at our house for the holidays but they've left so I've got a week before my sister comes from Uni. I'll try to update within that time. I want to thank you all for being so incredibly patient. You all are the absolute best! See you next time. Plus Ultra!