Chapter 18

[A/N Y'all I'm dumb as fuck I just remembered that Mina is in our team and she could have just shot her acid instead of Y/N extracting acid from the  f r e a k i n g ground but anyways, I suck. Bye]

"WITH JUST ONE MINUTE LEFT, TODOROKI'S GOT 4 BANDS," Present Mic says, the tension of the match building up each second. "HE SNATCHED BREAKOUT STAR, MIDORIYA'S HEADBANDS AND WITH IT, FIRST PLACE!!" As we set sights on our target, we start moving forward, the adrenaline rushing through our blood. "HAVE WE FOUND OUR TOP 4 TEAMS FOR THIS EVENT?!"

"WAIT JUST ONE STINKIN' MINUTE!" Our team catches up to Monoma's. "Persistent aren't you? That sort of tenacity isn't—" he gets cut off by Bakugo jumping off with an explosion. "GET BACK HERE BAKUGO!" Kirishima shouts but to no avail. Monoma orders his teammate to defend to which he formed a barrier made from the air. "BAKUGO CALM DOWN! YOU WON'T GET ANYWHERE LIKE THAT—" He ignored my shouts and shatters the barrier of air by smashing it with tremendous strength.

My eyes widen as he efficiently snatches most of Monoma's headbands, bringing us back to 2nd place. At the sight, everything goes dead silent for a moment, a single clap would've been audible throughout the arena. Suddenly, the crowd erupts with cheers, filling in the silence that a second ago crept through the crowd.

"BAKUGO'S STOLEN TWO HEADBANDS, PUTTING THEM IN THIRD PLACE!!" He adds on by talking about the "spirit of youth" or something.
"Jeez Bakugou.. At least give us a warning before jumping off like that.." a trickle of sweat drips down my forehead as I safely bring Bakugo back with my Kagune. "At least now we're guaranteed to pass," Kirishima says with a loud huff.

"I AIN'T DONE YET!!" Bakugo shouts. "I'M NOT SETTLING FOR SOME HALF-ASSED FIRST PLACE!" I glance to the side, catching a glimpse of Bakugo repeatedly knocking Kirishima on his forehead. 'This poor boi..'

"HEY TENTACLE BITCH! HIT IT NOW!" I roll my eyes. "That's Miss Tentacle Bitch to you, ya turd," I say as I nail my Kagune to the ground ahead of us, hooking it to the floor. He barks similar orders to Ashido, resulting in a path towards the 1-B jerks. [Not you Kendo, ily]

Bakugo blasts forward, his exploding missing me by a hair, and snatches the last headband from Monoma. "BAKUGO!! ABSOLUTELY MERCILESS!"
Bakugo looks up, his eyes more crazed than usual, "NEXT UP.. DEKU AND TODOROKI!"

With 20 seconds left, we rushed forward, desperately trying to catch up to the two teams. It was as if everything passed by in a flash. In the last 10 seconds, the adrenaline cut off the chants from the crowd, reducing it to a low vibration for each count. And then, when all of our eyes were set on Todoroki and Midoriya and Bakugo who jumped after the two, the timer reached its goal, resulting in Bakugo falling face-first onto the ground.

Although it was a serious matter, it was hard not to laugh at the explosive boy, I brought my hand up to my face but it managed to let out a weird, grunt-like noise. Bakugo looked up, still on the ground, giving me a crazed look like never before, his veins popping, his eyes as red as ever. "What are you looking at bitch?!" He shouts, still on the floor. I ignore him and fix my clothes. Well, what's left of it. 'Ugh, I have to change again, good thing I brought extra pairs.'

"LET'S SEE WHO THE TOP 4 TEAMS ARE NOW!" Present Mic announces. "IN FIRST PLACE, TEAM TODOROKI!" I look at Bakugo. If it was possible, he'd have steam coming out of his ears. "IN SECOND PLACE, WITH A MIRACULOUS COMEBACK, WE HAVE TEAM BAKUGO!!" The low grumble of cursing could be heard. "IN 3RD PLACE WE HAVE, TETSU—huh?" "whoa! TEAM SHINSO?!" I look around to see 2/3 of the team looking around dazed.
(tetsutetsutetsutetsutetsutetsutestu lmao)

"AND FINALLY, WITH A MIRACULOUS RECOVERY," Present Mic starts, still shouting. "TEAM MIDORIYA!!"
"THESE 4 TEAMS WILL PROCEED TO THE FINAL EVENT!"

I spot Midoriya shedding tears like a waterfall. 'Are we sure that isn't his quirk?" I chuckle. "What are you giggling about bitch?" I look over to see Bakugo frowning. I simply ignore him and head out of the arena to change into my new uniform, hopefully for the last time.

[[ 3RD PERSON ]]
Meanwhile...

"Todoroki? You wanted to talk.. about what?" Midoriya asks. He partly recounts his pledge of withholding his fire quirk, not mentioning the details until later. "Why are you telling me this?" The freckled boy asks. "I've seen All Might's quirk up close and I've seen yours," he pauses for a moment. "Are you his secret love child or something?" He asks with a straight face. "W-w-what?!" The green haired boy tries to come up with several excuses, each excuse ending abruptly due to his astonishment at the sudden question. "Either way," Todoroki starts, silencing the latter's speech. "As I've said before, Endeavour, much to my distaste is the second most able hero in terms of heroic activity and also, unfortunately, my father. This means that if you have any sort of connection to All Might, then that would make you my rival."

After a short pause, he begins to recount the same story about his past to Midoriya, just as he did for Y/N, explaining quirk marriages, his siblings and the abuse he faced throughout his childhood, including the scar.
"In short, not using my left side against you was my revenge in him. Never using my rotten father's quirk.." he halts his speech for a second before correcting himself, "No.. By rising to the top without using it, I'll have denied him if everything," his words seeping with venom.

Todoroki begins to walk away but stops when Midoriya begins to speak. "I've.. always had help. No matter the situation I—" His voice catches. "I've only come this far because other people helped me."
Midoriya looks up, a new sense of determination adorning his face. (A/N I miss undertale ;( )
"All Might.. I wanna be like him and for that, I'll have to become the strongest. It might seem like a lame motivation compared to yours, but I'm not gonna lose.
All the people who've helped me, that's how I'll repay them. Let me return your declaration of war with my own,
I'm gonna beat you!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N HEY Y'ALL IM BACK FROM THE DEAD. I honestly don't have excuses I just lost the inspiration to write but I've finally managed to finish this chapter after a long time and now I'm fired up again because I'm excited for what's coming next. For being so late, I'll give y'all a few spoilers from the coming chapters.. so in future chapters there will be more characters who play a large role in the plot (possibly her relatives [wink wonk]) and if you guys read the reader profile you would see at the end of the chapter I mentioned that Y/N's blood type is very important. Therefore both Y/N and her sister's quirk will be talked about soon enough. I'm extremely excited for after the sports festival as you will soon get to know why Y/N is trying to avoid her classmates as of now. Okay that's all for now, see y'all in the next chapter. <3