Chapter 20

I enter the waiting room and see Shinso sitting at one of the tables with his head placed down

I enter the waiting room and see Shinso sitting at one of the tables with his head placed down. I ruffle his hair to let him know I'm here. He looks up at me; his face contorting into a slight frown.

"What took you so long Y/N?? You constipated or something?" He asks in a completely monotone voice.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny. What a great way to welcome your best friend after not seeing them for who knows how long. And I am in fact constipated so excuse you," I blurt out without thinking.

He fakes a gag, "Jesus Y/N TMI." I wink at him and show him the finger guns. "Anyways I just blasted Endeavour for being the trashiest dad in the world, so how was your day?" I say casually as I pull up a peace sign at Shinso.

He looks up and gives me a look of confusion. "Don't worry about it, it's not important," I wave my hand in dismissal and grab a seat in front of him. The room goes completely quiet, save for the noise coming from the small screen panel behind Shinso that's playing the competition live. I look down at the metal table and try to ignore the somewhat awkward silence that has enveloped the room.

After what feels like an eternity, I blurt out my thoughts. "Umm.. so aren't you gonna ask me about anything? Like y'know 'Where've you been?' Or 'how could you leave me without saying anything?' stuff like that..haha..."

'That was so awkward, jesus take the wheel' I deadpan at the words I just said.

Shinso looks straight at me with a stern expression. It seemed like he was frustrated. "You already know what I've wanted to ask so you might as well answer." Shinso opens his mouth as if he wanted to say more but it seemed like he decided not to since he slouches back down and stares at the table. Just as I go to reply Shinso begins to say more. "If I wanted to force you to answer my questions don't you think I would have done so already Y/N?" He hints at the use of his quirk.

I frown at his comment. "You and I both know you'd never do that," I scold him. "And as for actually answering the questions.. the thing is I can't tell you everything right now but I really didn't wanna leave you Shin," I unconsciously start scratching at the left side of my palm. "You were pretty much my only friend back then, why would I ever leave you? I.. I had a situation related to my family and I had to.. move in with my relatives for some time. Everything happened so suddenly that I wasn't able to tell you and it's not like we had phones back then so I couldn't contact you.

You know the gist of what's with my father's side of the family right?? Well when I uh.. moved in with them I wasn't allowed to be in touch w other people because it was could be a 'bad influence' on me. They're overprotective that way. After everything with my relatives was wrapped up I was able to go back to my normal life and I spent about an year or two outside of Japan before I came to UA and that's pretty much what happened up until this point. I promise I'll tell you everything when I can" I look down at my hand as I wait for Shinso to reply.

'That is, if i can..'

When I look up he's staring at the table as if he's lost in thought. "Hey Shin?? Did you listen to what I said??" He looks back at me. "Yes I heard you Y/N, thanks for telling me about your situation and don't worry about not being able to contact me, it's not like you could do anything about it," he ends the sentence with a smile but it quickly changes into an expression of worry as he grabs my hand and unfurls my closed fist. "Y/N why and how did this happen?"

The left side of my palm that I was unconsciously scratching seemed to be bleeding profusely. "Huh? Oh that's a bad habit I have where I scratch my palm unknowingly. I think I opened a healing scar and that's why it's bleeding so don't worry it doesn't hurt much. I'll get it checked by Recovery Girl before my match." I play off.

"Hm okay but you should really stop doing that, it might get infected if you keep reopening the wound. Anyways let's talk more later your match is probably gonna start soon, see ya N/N" He pats my head as he gets up and leaves the room.

'Okay so that was a fucking lie, this shit hurts real bad. Why do I keep doing this to myself, I wish I coud stop it' I sigh as I clench my fist and slouch back into my seat.

[Time Skip]

I had gotten my wound checked my Recovery Girl so she just fixed it up with a bandage and I was ready to go to the match area. After Midoriya and Shin's match, Class A students including Denki, Iida, Todoroki and the others had finished their matches as well. I was supposed to have a match with a Class B student named Reiko Yanagi. All I knew was that her quirk was telekinesis. As a result I decided I'd use Ukaku and long range attacks to fend for myself since I wasn't very keen on getting in close combat with my hand slightly injured and I didn't want to risk injuring it more incase I got to the final rounds.

As I headed towards the arena, I noticed a white hooded figure pass by the corner of my eye. However, when I looked around, all I saw were passing students and members of the audience. I decided to focus on my task at hand and think about the figure later.

As I walked, I welcomed the bright light that shone at the end of the dark tunnel that lead to the arena. I'd do my best to win and get through to the next round. I'll put my months of training to use and show everyone that I am not weak .

.

.

.

.

.

(A/N: Okay so i know y'all have been wondering what's been going on, where i've been and what's the future of this story. So if I'm being completely honest, I have no excuse for disappearing for over an year. I had lost my connection with Wattpad and I had no motivation to continue my works and I had even stopped reading other stories. I'd also started finding my story uninteresting and cringey and my writing style changed a bit. However, recently I've begun reading wattpad and stories again and my attachment to wattpad is coming back. All your comments had also motivated me so so much so thank you for sticking w me <3. As for the future of this story, worry not because I will not be abandoning it but there will be pretty slow updates because i have even more responsibilities than last year as a senior in hs. Also please point out any typos or errors I've made if you spot any! Again I'm sorry for leaving y'all hanging for so long but I hope you enjoy this chapter and i will definitely be back as soon as i can. Plus Ultra!!)