Chapter 18: What was that?

What was that?

ALLISHA GWEN'S P. O. V

Is Jash, Liane and George keeping secrets from me? I feel like they did. . .

Isang linggo nang nakalipas ng sinimulan ang Month long celebration ng West Stone University 65th Foundation Day, which means nagsimula na rin kami'ng magasikaso sa ginawa naming booth. Even Jash and Liane were excited for this event. At dahil ngayon pa lang ang unang araw ng second week ng event ay sinimulan na rin ang mga palaro, tulad Volleyball, Badminton, Billiards, Table Tennis at syempre ang inaabangan ng karamihan ay ang basketball. Ang BSBA, Engineering Students, HRM, Nursing at Educ. Maging and Quiz bee, Debates at ang Spoken poetry competition ay isinali na rin sa ikalawa'ng linggo ng event.

Mr. Rubio, our principal and other admins let the students "enjoy" this event while doing their activities, booths, and those who are participants, because they knew we will be exhausted at the upcoming midterm exams. The outsiders were also welcome to watch and to roam around the campus, as well as the special guest and all.

I must say "enjoy" is another word for me? Bakit? because I was stuck here in our –so called 'Booth' with the most annoying species other than Liam and the least person I wanted to be with–on this whole weekday. Also the fact that roaming around the campus and seeing acquaintances means tiring myself. So refused when Liane and Jash was forcing me to be with them. They was just teased and make fun of me, because I was now taking their sit to secure the booth. Well, I think it's more better here sitting silently while waiting for the possible customer. Tatlo kaming nag babantay ngayon sa booth, Ako, si Mae at ang lalaking tinutukoy ko– no other than Van. Well, I don't care if his here but I don't like him pestering me, doing my part here was all I care while he's here asking like one of those annoying reporters.

"Do you think we should talk something interesting? Wala pang customer" He playfully asked me while my arms crossing my chest and not seem to care for his presence, Silently he notice my negligence about him opening a topic.

"You're stuck with me today. Deal with it"

Patuloy pa rin ang pagngisi niya sa gilid ko, it made me feel a bit uncomfortable, I know he will not stop asking if I'll not talk.

Marahil ay halos nasa kalagitnaan na ng programa kaya ang mga estudyante, mga bisita at mga taga ibang school ay nasa loob ng gymnasium para manood, kaya halos kakaonti lamang ang nagagawi sa mga booths.

The man beside me has a lot of time resting  for now, because they are just waiting for the final and championship game. He's taking his time just to pester me.

"I'm not interested" I curtly said while started counting the money at the table. A silent drifted me to sleep but force myself to stay awake. saglit rin'g natahimik ang lalaki sa gilid ko bago magsalita.

"Okay, then would you just listen?" seryoso niyang tanong habang direktang nakatitig sa akin, puno iyon ng pakiusap at sumamo na makinig—tulad ng gusto niya. It take me a minute to nod and agree.

"Well, I was just want to share some facts about me"

"I don't car–"

"Yes I know that, still I want and please listen just a minutes while waiting for our customers"

He insisted, I don't know why he wants to share facts about him. He wants me to know his story or this is just to kill the boring and deafening silence between us. . . I don't mind as long us it's not me who shares a story.

Nanahimik ako, hudyat ng pagsisimula niya.

"I was at my teenage year, when fall in love. . ." He started a half smile plastered on his face "You can call me a love-sick fool teenager. . .but she's my childhood and family friend, I like her from being straight forward. Maarte at kikay, it makes her more adorable and cute that even my parents likes her to be my girlfriend. . ." He paused.