+twenty one

"unnie, you did great!"

eunbi smiled at nicole as she took her seat next to the younger, her breathing fast after completing her performance. the evaluation finally ended and what is left was the result.

the producers were all seen discussing among them in hushed whispers, the seriousness building tension among the trainees. after what seemed to be forever, they finally came with the result.

the main pd of sm stood up from his seat at the centre. "we've watched all your performance and we enjoyed it, though some of you were still lacking in many aspects."

eunbi bit her lips in disappointment. that's it. she's not gonna make it. the main pd must be talking about her.

"as you all know, the company is gonna debuting a new girlgroup, since it's been 3 years since red velvet debuted. thus, we have chosen seven of female trainees to make a group. while some of the male trainees have been chosen to be part of nct project.now, i will call the first seven names of our soon-to-debut girlgroup."

eunbi hung her head low. she gave up. all she wanted right now was to go home and sleep, forgetting everything and maybe rethinking her decision to become idol.

"—and hong woora."

eunbi looked up after hearing woora's excited and happy squeal as she rushed towards the other six chosen trainees who were lined up in a line. yumi and minjung were also there.

not wasting more time, the main pd called up the male trainees and soon, from the initial twenty trainees, 13 of them were confirmed to take another step into their dream.

"oh and last but not least, trainee lee eunbi."

eunbi was bewildered for a moment. she even thought she misheard her name but the main pd was looking straight at her.

"y-yes?" she stood up slowly but didn't dare to take any step forward.

"congratulation, you are also going to debut, but not as a member of girlgroup, but as a solo singer."

-

"hey newbie." eunbi halted in her steps as woora came to her way. she gulped nervously, afraid of what the latter want to say or do.

woora cleared her throat awkwardly, "congrats, for being chosen too."

eunbi exhaled in relieved. she didn't realise that she was holding her breath until now. she smiled at woora and bowed to her, "thank you, sunbaenim."

"why are you calling me sunbaenim? you are making me uncomfortable." woora muttered, scratching her nape. "i-i want to apologize. for everything i've done to you before. i was just— insecure with you, i guess. you are talented and younger than me so i'm just scared that i will not be able to debut." woora bowed, "i'm sorry."

eunbi widened her eyes when she saw a drop of tear escaped woora's eyes.

"d-don't cry, sunbae—i mean, unnie. i forgived you already so it's nothing you should worry about." eunbi panicked. she was never good to comfort people and this kind of situation rarely happens to her.

"really?" woora wiped her tear with the back of her hand, "thank you, lee eunbi!!" eunbi was taken aback when woora hugged her. she tensed for a second before her body relaxed and she found herself hugging the latter back.

"what is going on— wait, why are you guys hugging without me? let me join too!" nicole who just appeared from behind the door wasted no time in throwing her arms around the two, the rest of their dormmates soon followed.

the six girls hugged in the middle of the way, ignoring the looks the other trainees gave them. at the moment, all that matters were them and only them.

-

cause girls are dramatic 💁