A Promise is a Promise

Berk was known for one thing - being the first island to inhabit both Vikings and Dragons. Many new additions were built to culminate this. This included Dragon stables, Feeding stations and many more. But despite these amazing changes, the original foundations of Berk still stood - The Village at the centre, the Docks on the edges and the Great Hall standing fine and tall. 

At the back of the Great Hall, there was a bridge, which led to a forest. The trees were tall with green leaves, with the sunrays shining through them and in between the trees. The ground was dry, with lots of sticks and twigs lying around. Many creatures inhabited the forest, from bugs to birds. Normally, the woods was quiet, with only the sounds of the birds cooing. However, today, there was a disturbance - a very angry Viking named Alric.

"But I was so close! I could have won! But no! 'The Chief of Berk's daughter' had to take it from me!" he exclaimed in frustration, leading him to pick a small rock from the ground and throwing it high up. He kicked the sticks, further expressing his anger.

"Ow! Watch it!" A voice said. Alric looked up and saw Hilda in front of her. She went with him to the woods, knowing he would go on a rant about the race. It seemed that when he kicked the sticks, one of them leapt off the ground and hitting the back of her head. 

"Sorry, Hilda. It's just...."

"Yeah, yeah. 'She took my glory away from me!'" Hilda mocked Alric, walking back up to him since she was ahead. 

Alric gave a fake laugh. "Hilarious. You just don't understand."

Hilda sighed. "It's not the fact that I don't understand. It's the fact that you say this over and over every time. You're like a high pitched Terrible Terror."

"Well, tell Astrid to stop then." he said. Hilda then stopped on her path, looking very confused.

"I think you are confusing Astrid with Martha." she corrected.

Alric then stopped walking as well, facing Hilda. "No, I mean Astrid. For once, I don't blame Martha for winning. It's Astrid. She's the one who has been teaching Martha all the tricks within Dragon Racing."

"Yeah, because she's Martha's mum." Hilda explained, still looking confused. 

"Well, that won't cut it for me. I have to stand up to her and tell her to stop making it unfair for the other." he confidently proclaimed. 

"That's great, but you should have told her that before she left Berk."

"What do you mean, 'left Berk'?" he asked, his face clearly changing from confident from despair. 

"She left Berk to attend a meeting on another island, remember?"

"When?"

"After Dragon Racing." And with that, Alric stomped further into the forest, flailing his arms about in compete rage. Hilda simply laughed before catching up to him. It was a kind of behaviour she expected from someone who was as competitive as Alric. They had been best friends since they met during Dragon Training when they were young. Even after she left training at the age of 8, they would still hang out every once in a while. Most of the time it was after Dragon Racing, since she seemed to be only one to tolerate his complaining.

After he finally calmed down, they were able to talk about other things while taking a stroll in the forest. It was their chance for them to catch up on the ins and outs of the village. 

"I mean, I know it was stupid, but desperate times calls for desperate measures. you know?" Alric explained, referring to his big stunt during Dragon Racing. 

"Yeah, but it was still stupid! If Rageous didn't save you, it would have been much worse!" Hilda chuckled. 

"Trust me, I bet you would have done the same." he mentioned.