Learning The Truth

Quick Note: As you can see, I am now returning to adding the soundtrack to the story, since I've now seen How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. But, as of this moment, I will not add the soundtrack from that movie since I feel not everyone has seen the movie yet. Can't wait for those people to see it as it's amazing and a fitting end to a fantastic series :)

In any case, hope you enjoy this chapter.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Starlight had now been living on the Isle of Berk for just over a month now, but despite this, she still doesn't fully know the place well. She had been hanging out with Hilda and her friends for the longest, staying close to them since she was still afraid to wander on her own in a place full of Vikings. 

But today, with the sun high up in the bright blue sky, she decided to finally get out of her comfort zone and walked about the streets of Berk without Hilda.

At first, it was very daunting to her - seeing so many Vikings wandering about, playing with their dragons, fixing things, preparing for fishing, cleaning and so much more. It overwhelmed her, especially since she was not with Hilda to feel safe. But then, after a while, the initial fear went away as she was reminded that the Vikings of Berk were different from other Vikings she encountered. They were nice and friendly. They greeted her as she walked past. They offered her some food. They showed her some of the mechanics for her to get used to. These interactions felt odd to her, but she enjoyed it - the fact that she didn't have to fear for her life anymore.

After that delightful walkabout, she felt she had enough for one day, so she began to make her way back to Hilda, who was at the training grounds the last time she saw her. But as she was heading there, her eyes caught something.

On the edge of a cliffside lied a stone. A stone bigger than normal stones. Curious, Starlight walked up to it. Once she did, she began to walk around it, sniffing it and wondering what it was. When she walked back to the front of the stone, she then noticed writing on the stone. It read:

Toothless

Alpha of the Dragons

Best Friend to the Chief

He may not have been the last of his kind, but he was a one of a kind dragon.

Starlight looked at it with confusion, unsure of what it meant. She continued to stare at it, walking closer and closer to it.

"Starlight, stop!" Starlight became startled by the sudden cry as she immediately turned her head around to see Martha looking scared and horrified.

"Starlight, listen to me. Walk back slowly towards me, OK?" Martha instructed her, with fear in her voice. Starlight, despite still feeling confused at what's going on, did exactly that, making a good distance from her and the stone. Martha let out a big sigh of relief, clutching her chest as she could feel her heart pumping fast. 

"Sorry if I scared you. I was afraid you... did something to it." Martha mentioned. Starlight growled happily as Martha rubbed her head. She turned around, looking back at the stone before looking at Martha again.

She sighed. "I'm guessing you don't know what that is?" Starlight yelped in response. 

"That's... a tombstone. For Toothless." She stopped talking for a bit, making Starlight concerned as she nudged her face.

Martha chuckled. "I'm OK, Starlight. Thanks." she assured her. She took a deep breath before speaking again. "He's not buried there. But this cliff was the place where we fired flame arrows at him and...well,... the other Night Furies."