Don't Hold Back Part 2

The sun was just over the horizon, signalling the early morning on the Isle of Berk and even though it was this early, it didn't stop Hilda from getting up early to continue her training on her own. 

There was now only one month left until her Dragon Rider Trials and she still got a lot to do - at least according to her. According to her friends, she had learnt all she needed to past the trials, but she wasn't convinced. She wanted to go beyond and learn more advance skills to really impress and one of those tricks was the one she saw Martha doing when they flew out of Berk. It was the one skill she desperately wanted to learn. 

Hilda and Starlight were, once again, at the forest, but not at their usual training spot. They were located in an area with a rocky beach, a wider, open river, rocks of pillars and an arch. It was the perfect place to practice. At this point, they already attempted the trick three times - all of which failed. Hilda was clearly out of breath, but she wasn't going to give up just yet. 

"OK, girl. Now, we're going to try this again and this time, we're going to get it right. You're with me?" she asked Starlight with much enthusiasm. Starlight yelped with agreement, to which Hilda smiled at. With that confidence, she jumped onto Starlight's back, took a deep breath before launching up to the sky. 

They circled around the area before they started to fly towards the arch made of rock. As they got closer, Hilda unhooked her harness from the saddle and slowly stood on her feet. Starlight wobbled a bit, but managed to keep her balance. They got closer and closer to the arch, but they got so close, it didn't give Hilda enough room to jump. As she did, she lost balance and rolled onto the platform. She hastily ran across and jumped, just as Starlight flew below her. But the timing was off, which caused Hilda to miss Starlight, falling down heavily.

"Starlight!" she screamed. Starlight saw Hilda and dive bombed towards her, just barely able to catch up before she landed in the water. She flew to the rocky beach, placing her there. Once she did, she went up to Hilda to make sure she was OK. 

"I'm fine, Starlight. Thanks." Hilda assured her. However, she was clearly annoyed as she gave an irritated groan and kicked the water.

"For Thor's sake! What are we doing wrong?" she exclaimed. 

"Well, being stubborn is one." Hilda froze in place after hearing a familiar voice from behind. 

"This can't get any worst." she mumbled under her breath. She turned around and, as she expected, standing behind her was Hiccup, whose arms were crossed and had an amusing look.

Hilda laughed nervously before sighing with defeat. "How did you know where I was?" she asked. 

"Easy. I just thought 'where would a stubborn Viking go?' You forget - I was just as stubborn as you are. Plus, Martha told me you would be here." he explained. 

"That makes sense." she said. Hiccup then walked in front of her, getting a better view at the arch. 

"I can see you're having a bit of trouble." he said.

Hilda sighed. "I'm trying, but nothing seems to be working, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong." she complained before sitting on a rock nearby and pouting.

Hiccup turned around, noticing Hilda sulking and Starlight comforting her. He couldn't help but chuckle a bit. 

"You know, your parents always tells me how impatient you can be. Seeing you now, I can see why." he mentioned. 

"Well, I can't help it. I got my Trial in a month's time." she said. There was a bit of a silence between them before Hiccup spoke again. 

"Can I tell you what I think?" he asked. Hilda nodded.