Hiding A Big Secret

The sun had began to go down, causing the sky to turn from a bright blue to a mix of blue and yellow. Despite this, the busy Viking life of Berk continued. 

At the Ivanston's household, the fireplace, which was located on the wall in the middle, was lit up, with a pot hanging on top of the fire. Inside the pot, there were herbs mixed with water, boiling at a medium rate. After a while, Hilda, who had returned home without anyone knowing yet, took a spoonful of the herb and water mix and poured it into a bowl she had in her hand. She sat down and began drinking it with a spoon, coughing at the first take of the dish being hotter than expected, as well as having a pungent smell.

"This better be effective like mum said." she said, once she stopped coughing. Her eyes were watery and her face turned red, but she continued to drink it. Once she finished, she went over to a pot of water. She began to wash her bowl and spoon when she heard a loud creaking sound above her.

She stopped, being still like a statue. She looked up, biting her lower lip as she put the bowl and spoon down. She then slowly walked up the stairs. 

"Please don't be awake yet." she thought. Once she reached the top, which led to her and Linda's bedroom, on the floor, lied the Night Fury.

Hilda, with the help of Alric and his dragon, brought the Night Fury into her home, luckily without anyone noticing. Once that was done, Alric went back to the training grounds, with Hilda staying behind to keep an eye on it, while also recovering herself. The Night Fury remained unconscious due to being exposed by a large amount of Dragon Nip, but it was only a matter of time until it woke up.

Hilda breathed a sigh of relief. "OK, it's still asleep." Her mind kept telling her that this was a bad idea, right from the start, but she knew, deep down, it was the right thing to do. 

Suddenly, a loud knocking sound erupted the house, causing Hilda to jump and yelp a bit out of shock. She quickly turned to face the Night Fury, which thankfully, despite moving a bit, still remained unconscious. 

She grabbed her chest. "I swear to Odin, this could actually kill me." she whispered. She then made her way downstairs, quickly and quietly, before making her way to the door and opened it but not all the way. 

Her eyes grew in surprise when she saw who was there. "Oh, hey, Linda." she greeted. She went out and closed the door behind her to face her younger sister. 

"The wanderer has finally returned." Linda joked. "I thought you said it wouldn't take long."

"Well, I guess I lost track." Hilda answered.

"Well, I don't want to harass you too much. I'm sure you're still in a bad mood." Hilda raised an eyebrow when Linda said this.

"Alric told us that you didn't manage to find a dragon and you're very upset."

"Oh, right, yeah. Yeah, I don't worry about it. It was wishful thinking anyway." Hilda quickly said, remembering what Alric and her agreed to say instead of 'we found the last Night Fury' - not yet anyway. 

"So, are you still going to have a dragon or...." Linda asked.

"Don't know." Hilda shrugged. "I have to think about it." 

"Ok, well, I'll leave you to it. Just wanted to see if you're alright."

"Well, isn't that nice?" Hilda smiled. They hugged before Hilda went back into the house. 

"Who knew she can care sometimes. Must be a..." she stopped midway, as she was faced with a terrifying site.

The Night Fury, now awake, slowly and stealthily, making its way downstairs. 

Hilda's heart sank as she stood still. The Night Fury saw her, growled at her before reaching the bottom of the stairs. It didn't seemed to be engage with her, but it certainly didn't look like it wanted to be friendly with her. Hilda was feeling a sort of sense of 'Deja vu', being in the same situation not long ago. She walked up to the side wall slowly, staring straight at the Night Fury. It slowly walked up to her, growling very louder. 

"It's OK, it's OK. You're safe." Hilda said, with clear fear in her voice. But that didn't faze it. It slowly and surely managed to corner her, staring straight at her with those yellow-green eyes, its teeth showing without shame. Hilda's heart was beating fast, her hands shaking and then, without thinking, reached for a stick that was next to her, grabbed it and hit it across the dragon's face, causing it to roar in shock. 

"I'm sorry!" she said, before running out of her cornered position and ran upstairs. Unfortunately, the Night Fury was just as quick and pulled her down from the stairs, crashing onto the floor and table. 

Hilda didn't have time to process the pain she was feeling before she saw it, lying down as well. Suddenly, she heard voices outside, calling out her name. 

"Wait, they can't know yet!" she said with fear. She quickly got up, her side still in pain, grabbed the table and dragged it to the door, blocking it. She then reached for her father's sword that was hanging on the wall and pointed at the dragon. It yelped before going into a fighting stance. 

"Look, I don't want to hurt you. But you have to calm down." she pleaded, now thinking this method probably wasn't the best. "This is what I get for leaving dragon training." she thought.

The door was banging rapidly, causing her to shake further. She heard voices, loud and clear, clearly hearing their worry as they shouted her name.

"Everything's fine! Don't worry about me!" she shouted.

"Don't believe that for a moment!" Hilda stood still, still facing the Night Fury, when she heard the voice of Hiccup, the Chief of Berk. 

"I'm fine, Hiccup! Really!" she tried to assure them. The Night Fury became so frustrated, instead of facing Hilda, it ran up to the door, trying to break free. 

"No! Don't!" Hilda threw the sword and, without thinking again, jumped on top of the Night Fury. It roared, spinning around to get her off, before throwing her down onto the ground, pinning onto her like before. This time, it was more angry than before.

At this point, Hilda had no choice. "Help me, please!" she screamed, clearly terrified. The Night Fury roared in her face, echoing against the walls. It raised its head, about to come down, until it suddenly stopped midway before its eyes rolled back and fell onto its side, off of Hilda. She moved back quickly, panted heavily when she saw Linda, Alric, Martha and Hiccup inside the house, who had managed to break in.

"What did you do?!" she demanded, still shaking.

"It's OK. I just pinched its neck." Martha assured her. "What happened here?!"

Hilda's vision started to go blurry, her body moving all over the place. All she could say was, "Dragon...Night...Fury...Still...Here..." before fainting onto the ground. 

There was silence in the house, with both the Night Fury and Hilda passed out. 

"Ok, just so everyone knows, I had no part of this." Linda said, in a joking way, being the kind of person who likes to break the tension. Sadly, this time, it didn't work, with Alric giving her an unamusing look.

"Don't look at me like that! I bet you are a part of this as well!" Linda mentioned.

"Well,... yeah. But not this!" he defended himself.

"What do you mean by that?!" Alric was about to answer but stopped himself, as well as Linda when they saw an anticipated site - Hiccup staring down at the Night Fury.

Martha slowly walked behind her father, not wanting to startled him.

"Dad, are you alright?" she asked. Hiccup didn't answer. He didn't move. He was still looking at the dragon, unconscious once again, eyes wide, still as a statue, standing in complete shock and awe. 

"Impossible." was all he could say.