The Look On Her Face Part 2

The dentistry was made specifically for dragons to help with their teeth hygrine, whether it was rotten teeth or toothaches. Sterling had been in charge of the dentistry for quite a while, encountering many different problems with different dragons, so each day brought something new. It wasn't just sorting out teeth for him, but also saddles and stables.

He was setting up the place, getting it ready for its opening, despite it already being semi open. He was accompanied by Hiccup and Martha, who would sometimes come about to help, which Sterling appreciated every once in a while. 

"... And then, he had the audacity to say I had no idea what I was talking about! Me?! What about you, then?! Why did you come over?!" Sterling exclaimed, complaining about the exchange with a Viking.

"Well, that's Vikings for you. They complain and complain to no end." Martha explained while sorting out some of the equipment hanging on the wall.

"Oh, don't worry, I know! But still, it was just one step too far."

Hiccup chuckled. "Now you know how I felt when I was young."

"Yeah, a bunch of angry, aggressive Vikings, constantly fighting against dragons and sometimes each other." Sterling mentioned. 

"Wow. Now, I'm glad I don't live in that world." Martha smiled. Sterling was about to answer when he heard a knock on the building.

Sterling sighed. "Right, got to sort that out. Mind if you continue with the cleaning?" he asked.

"Not at all. Actually helps with the stress, surprisingly." Hiccup insisted. Sterling smiled and headed towards the front. Hiccup began picking up small pots and pans left lying about, placing them on the desk. While he was doing this, he started to hear a swishing sound behind him. He turned around and saw Martha throwing an axe with one hand, up and down playfully.

"Martha, please don't do that. You can get hurt." Hiccup pleaded.

Martha rolled her eyes and smiled. "Oh, come on, dad. I'm not going to hurt myself. Besides, look!" She stepped back a bit, so the roof wasn't over her head. She then threw the axe as high as she could, barely catching it by the tip of the handle with her one hand.

"See? It's all fine." she assured him, returning back inside the dentistry and placing the axe down. 

"I don't know with that attitude." Hiccup smirked. 

"Hey, as long as mum's teaching me, I'll be fine."

Hiccup gave her a look. "You believe that?"

"As a matter of fact, I do."

"And that's a good thing." Both Hiccup and Martha were startled by the sudden voice. But then both of them smiled when they realised who that voice belonged to. They looked behind them and saw exactly who it was.

"Mum!" Martha exclaimed, running up to her and giving her a big hug.

Astrid laughed as she hugged back. "Looks like someone missed me."

"Of course I did! You said you'd be back in a week!" Martha mentioned as she released her hug.

"Well, I can't predict the future, can I?" Astrid defended herself.

"You were able to before." Hiccup mentioned.

Astrid smiled. "I guess this time I wasn't lucky." She then went up to him, giving him a hug, to which Hiccup happily returned, as well as kissed her temple.

"I'm glad you're here safe." he smiled. 

Astrid chuckled. "You know, you really need to stop underestimating people."